Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-13-2015, 10:25 AM   #1

Tub/Shower 23b

Hey all
Just curious...We never use the tub/shower in our 23b. I currently use it to store the broom, trash, etc...but would like to remove it to open up the bath a smidge to give the kids a little more changing space, I have 14 YO twins, girl and boy.
My thought, pull the tub, plug the drain, recover the floor. Is this feasible or am I asking for trouble with the tanks?
Thanks!!
Kennedy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:12 PM   #2

It's feasible, but it's going to lower the resale value. If you do a private party sale when you do sell it, you may not have buyers. A big reason people by travel trailers is for the shower.
DocBrown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
It's feasible, but it's going to lower the resale value. If you do a private party sale when you do sell it, you may not have buyers. A big reason people by travel trailers is for the shower.

Its a 2000 and I plan on keeping it until the roof and walls collapse and the tires fall off LOL.
Kennedy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy64 View Post
Its a 2000 and I plan on keeping it until the roof and walls collapse and the tires fall off LOL.
That's how I feel about my 2001. I modify/repair to my heart's content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy64 View Post
My thought, pull the tub, plug the drain, recover the floor. Is this feasible or am I asking for trouble with the tanks?
Thanks!!
You will be plugging the shower drain piping so the grey water tank shouldn't really be affected.

One thing you will lose is that with the OEM system the first place an overfilled grey tank reveals itself is in the shower pan (lowest open point). With the shower gone the grey water overfill will back up higher to one of the sinks. That will put a bit more pressure on the drain piping. Not a big deal, but something to be aware of.

vic
VicS1950 is offline   Reply With Quote