Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #1

Unknow buzzer alarm - Jayco 19H

I have a 2010 Jayco 19H TT. I leave in driveway but not hooked up to power. After about 3-4 days an alarm buzzer goes off but no lights. Only way to turn off is to switch the water pump switch to on, the light comes on but of course the battery is low so the pump does not run but seems strange. This time I threw the main power switch off but the buzzer goes on with all switches off. Had to turn the pump switch on to silence the alarm. Anyone know what this alarm is and why and better way to silence it? Thanks
coxrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:47 PM   #2

Have you checked the CO2 alarm?
Maybe it's giving a low battery warning?
It's always hooked to the 12v power.
Pulling the main 12v fuse between the battery and the trailer would be a possible solution to silence it, if that's what it is.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
Site Team

There are 4 alarms I am aware of on mine. LP gas/Carbon monoxide combo alarm, smoke detector, alarm on radio. If I recall there have been some issues reported with the LP/Carbon monoxide alarms going off falsely. It is on 12 volt so it would stay on with shore power disconnected. Have no clue what waterpump would have to do with it, unless the battery is so drained it cannot handle the pump and alarm at the same time. Do you have a battery disconnect switch that would keep the battery from draining when disconnected from shore power?
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
Site Team

BTW continuously discharging the battery that low will destroy it. So you need to disconnect it when not in use either by pulling that fuse that David mentioned, installing a disconnect switch or removing a battery cable from the battery. There are parasitic drains on the battery even when you have nothing turned on such as the alarms and radio. Since the alarm only goes off when the battery is down it must be related. Keeping up the battery should solve it.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:55 PM   #5

When the battery gets low, the CO detector goes off. Did you have your trailer plugged into 120vac when it was parked? If not, the battery probably got low and caused the alarm to sound.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #6

Had a similar scare Sunday. The kids were over and said the camper was making a high pitched noise. Traced it to the Gas sensor. Removed bat cable and noise quit. Checked it out this morning and thought at first the charger/converter had gone bad as I had no current accross the 12v +/- cables at charger. Checked the fuses and ok. Checked A/C receptacle and no current either. Found the shore cord had become unplugged at some point and the bat was down to 6v. Plugged shore cord back in and alarm shut off.
PullRite 18k Superglide
Bainbridge, Ga. Extreme Southwest Georgia
Retired: Dewayne 04-22-2010, Judy 01-2011
Mudflaps Camping Club Website https://mudflaps.freeforums.org
A local camping club for S Al, S Ga, N Fl campers
ldlogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:30 PM   #7

About 3:00 AM, battery went dead, co detector went off,I jumped up from a dead sleep, thought they were finally coming to get me.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:18 AM   #8

yes this happens to us all the time! Not fun. It is your battery getting too low. sometimes flipping random buttons will shut it off but so will taking the fuse out of the battery. I suggest connecting the battery to a solar panel to avoid this. Mine is an issue because it seems my converter doesn't charge my battery anymore! Even connected to shore. I'm hoping its a simple problem as my radio doesn't work either. Anyone know where the batter disconnect switch is in a jayco 19H?
woolvett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:54 AM   #9

Used Knife Switch

Woolvet,
No there is not a master off switch on the Jayco 19H. Ran down the wiring, etc. So my solution was a knife switch installed on the battery and problem solves. When at home or stored I just pop the battery cover, pull the blade and battery stays charged. Got mine at Amazon, others have similar

Sorry for delay in response, at beach camping for 2 weeks. Loving retirement.

Hiker Rac

Amazon.com: WirthCo (20128) Battery Disconnect for Side Terminal: Automotive
coxrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:19 PM   #10

I have a 2005 19H and have a similar issue.

For me it is the LP detector which on my model is right at the door on the bottom of the kitchen cabinet.

I did a red neck fix and put some duct tape over the opening in the detector to some what less annoying.
ocps9823 is offline   Reply With Quote