Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2014, 05:59 PM   #1

Water leaking from low point drain

On my 1st day in my HTT, hooked up water from city source with pressure reducer. When I turned water on, water leaking from low point drain even though valve was closed. Question is since I hooked up to city source why is low point valve leaking out water?
diver57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:35 PM   #2

I had the same issue this spring on the shake down cruise. After 2 years of ownership I thought the t handle valve was closed on one of the low point drains and that the stem was just not going in as far. What I figured out is that it wasn't seating like the other 2 beside it.
I removed the retaining clip at the top, that keeps the t handle from coming out, removed the t handle that is the actual stem of the valve that seats at the bottom and checked to see if there was a restriction in the seat. There wasn't so I reinserted the t handle/stem and realized that there is a bulge in the plastic t handle just under the t that spreads the retainer clip and holds the stem in the seat. It still would not seat properly until I twisted the t as I pushed down to seat the valve and it finally did. It is very hard to get at so I did not replace it because it seated properly. I will have to be careful when opening and closing it in the future.
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:11 PM   #3

Pull that SS clip off, pull the stem out of the valve, lubricate the o-ring with some Dow-Corning 111 silicone grease or equivalent.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:13 PM   #4

^^^ but shut the water off first!!! ^^^^

Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threebutchers View Post
^^^ but shut the water off first!!! ^^^^

You are correct, butcher, but understanding that you need to shut the water off before breaking into a line without being told to do so is what separates the real mechanics from the weekend wannabees!!

I didn't want my post to read like the owners manual for a faucet! 3 pages of warnings, cautions and stuff before the small paragraph that really matters. In six languages no less!!
Old 07-07-2014, 03:18 PM   #6

Finally got an appointment with the dealer after writing the president. Turns out value was installed backwards - it was a 10 minute fix. Problem is it took 10 no return phone calls; three days and finally an email with the president of the dealer. A lot of time an effort from both sides for a 10 minute fix.
diver57 is offline   Reply With Quote