Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-09-2015, 09:19 AM   #1

Wheel & tire options for Kiwi 18F

Hello All,

We are prepping for a long haul trip out to Glacier. Two weekends ago we had a tire delam/tread seperate. Instead of replacing the tire(s) with the uncommon 185/80/13 D's that are on there, I was considering going to 14" wheels so there would be more easy-to-find tire options. I have seen others say they have done this without putting in a lift on other models, and am hoping I can do the same.
  • Has anyone done this on the Kiwi 18F without a lift?
  • What is the bolt pattern for the wheels, 5 x 4.5?
  • What is the offset of the wheels?

From what I can gather, stepping up from the 185/80/13 to a 205/75/14 would be an increase of 1.4" over all, meaning .7" of decreased clearance in the wheel well if I used the same 5.5" width for the wheel. It would seem that if I went with a slightly larger width wheel, i could be at the same overall height by stretching the tire slightly, thus reducing overall height.

I cannot seem to find any decent calculators online that will take this into account.
DigitalFusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:03 PM   #2

I have a Jayco 19h and went to the 205 75 14 wheels. I purchased 5 premounted Hi-Run tires on white spoke wheels from Wal-Mart. I then proceeded to tow my camper 3000+ miles from Colorado all across California. No issues, no strange tire wear. I measured before and after. Increased clearance on drain point by .875" and decreased inner wheel clearance by .875" I had no inner wheel well rub and loved the additional heigth for drain when we had hookups. I have towed with these tires for an additional 900-1000 miles since. I also found that my bearing buddies take less grease. I can assume the bearings run cooler with the larger diameter tires.
Sw7000 is offline   Reply With Quote