Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-09-2015, 10:17 AM   #21

I have an 2014 X19H and my low point drains are in the same area as yours except for they cut a little hole in that divider panel and they stick out into the storage section exactly where your coffee pot box is sitting.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:43 AM   #22

Reading the manual to find the pump is pointless. They don't publish it. Just one of the many 'fun' parts of owning an RV.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:23 AM   #23

Screwed in access panels are the norm throughout the industry. What they should do and do in other models is make easy access of the low point drains for quick temporary draining in the colder months when you use a unit. Some of mine are accessable while others are behind panels.

My last TT had a panel that had to be removed in order to gain access. Simple mod of a piano hinge and 1/2 drill bit for a pull hole was what I did.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:41 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike837go View Post
Reading the manual to find the pump is pointless. They don't publish it. Just one of the many 'fun' parts of owning an RV.
Jayco and other manufacturers have taken a huge short cut in manual publications. You don't get a manual specific to a certain model but rather a manual that loosely covers the entire series. I guess they rely on the end user to be willing to put in some work to understand where everything is located.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 12:11 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqvet05 View Post
Jayco and other manufacturers have taken a huge short cut in manual publications. You don't get a manual specific to a certain model but rather a manual that loosely covers the entire series. I guess they rely on the end user to be willing to put in some work to understand where everything is located.

As sad as Jayco's manuals are, they are still better than the manuals that come with computers and cell phones (what manuals?). They just come with a piece of paper that says if you need help go to their website. How do I do that if I can't get the crazy thing to work to get to their website for help????
Old 09-10-2015, 07:17 AM   #26

Huh. I have a 2014 X19H and my pump is in the lower portion of the cabinet directly behind that bench seat (circled in red). My compartment under the bench is basically empty.... Not sure why they would move it. You wouldn't gain much storage by moving it out of the cabinet and it is easy to get to....
Attached Thumbnails
Door_01.jpg  
AirLift 1000 Suspension
MrScary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:24 AM   #27

I took the screws out to access the bypass on the X23B and never put them back in. Was no problem.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:25 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicS1950 View Post

I'd much prefer that and the access that it provides you as compared to my 23b pump being tucked under the refrigerator with a door. Down on my hands and knees isn't so convenient.

vic
Vic, I removed that stupid little panel that restricts access to the pump. It's a lot easier now.
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:51 AM   #29

Question Water heater access door

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
I took the screws out to access the bypass on the X23B and never put them back in. Was no problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
Vic, I removed that stupid little panel that restricts access to the pump. It's a lot easier now.
After DH accessed the w/h to bypass it yesterday in the winterization process I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas of ways to put the door back on other than with the screws. Ours on our 23rb was held with two screws that I'm sure after several winterizations won't hold well.
gloryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:02 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloryb View Post
After DH accessed the w/h to bypass it yesterday in the winterization process I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas of ways to put the door back on other than with the screws. Ours on our 23rb was held with two screws that I'm sure after several winterizations won't hold well.
I removed the WH bypass access panel with the expectation of installing some T-nuts from the inside of the cabinet and using machine thumbscrews to hold the panel in place.

That was in July.

The panel is still on the floor in the storage area. That'll be #6 or #7 on the projects list during de-winterization next April...

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:08 PM   #31

Quote:
I am assuming the panel you are talking about; looks like any other cabinet door in your TT. If so, look at what the other cabinet doors have for hinges, go to your favorite hardware store and buy two that are similar. You may also need a spring latch to keep the door closed.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 02:30 PM   #32
Lost in the Woods

For me, personally, I would rate that issue as no big deal.
RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 02:46 PM   #33

Quote:
... Ours on our 23rb was held with two screws that I'm sure after several winterizations won't hold well.
If that is your only real concern, the screws shouldn't "wear out" for a couple times per year use. Just don't over-tighten and strip them out. they only need to be snug.

There is a method which almost guarantees that the existing thread in the wood or plastic is re-engaged. Place the screw into the hole. Before trying to tighten it in, turn it slowly backwards like you are removing it. You should feel a slight bump which is the threads falling into place in the old grooves. Stop and then turn the screw in to tighten it. The threads of the screw should engage and pick up the old threads. That helps to keep the holes from enlarging with each use.

FWIW. vic
VicS1950 is offline   Reply With Quote