Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-01-2014, 12:16 PM   #11
Water is coming out of the low point drain lines (as labeled on the outside of the camper). My setup looks similar to valves "A" and "B" above. Those valves are open. Are those my low-point drain valves? I just don't understand why the manual would show a picture of a valve with a T-handle.

Tonylmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:53 PM   #12
Tonylmiller, The picture in your manual may be showing a pull to open, push to close T-handle instead of a valve that turns. That is the way the drains on my 17a work. If you have access to a small air compressor you can regulate the pressure down to about 30 psi and attach it to the city water connection and open each faucet one at a time until only air is escaping then move on to the next one, including flushing the toilet. This will confirm that all water is out of the lines. Hope this helps! LW

Larry and Carol
2003 Jayco Kiwi 17A
1994 Ford F250
el-dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 03:28 PM   #13
I'm going to winterize my TT myself also. I'm first time RV owner, but I've learned so much from this site and online, I feel I've obtained the knowledge that I need. I learn fast.
There's one more step that I want to do. Once all the lines run pink, there will still be some pink in the bypass suction hose, I want to open the FWT supply line to let some run into there. Do I run the risk of pink flowing into my FWT, or does the supply line sit low enough that I don't need to worry about it?

Anyone here able to confirm for me?
Thanks ahead.
2015 Keystone passport 2400BH (new rig)
2014 Jayco Swift 184BH (traded in)
2015 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 5.7L HEMI V8 3.55 gears
AV3NGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 06:15 AM   #14
Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
I have looked all over and cannot find any low-point drain valves with T-handles. Can anyone tell me where they are located on a Kiwi 18F?

I have looked under the seat in the dinette (I only see ball valves), under the bathroom sink, and up under the camper.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Worst case, take the camper over to your nearest RV place. Most are willing to show you what you need to do by showing you first hand.

Take a couple dozen donuts with you and present them to the service department to show your appretiation for the help. That too goes a long way.

2015 Jayco Jay Featherlight SLX16XRB (TT)
2007 Ford F150 Tow Vehicle (TV)
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote