Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #1

Thumbs up X17Z Still Dry

My son and his wife have been visiting for the last week and wanted to use the new camper as their living quarters.
I wired up a 30A outlet on the side of my house where we park the camper so they could use the A/C.
We've had a little rain since they have been here but nothing significant.... until yesterday.
We had a pretty bad storm roll through. Heavy rain, lots of lightning. We lost power for a while.
After the rain stopped we headed out to the camper to check for leaks. Non of the canvas leaked at all. We didn't see anything around the A/C, antenna, or bath fan.
I was starting to get a little concerned after reading some of the stories of leaks.
Mcamnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #2

The stories about leaks are greatly exaggerated. I'm not saying that people haven't had leaks in their bunk ends, it certainly happens. What I'm saying is that its not as common as you might think based on the posts you see. We only read about the problems on the various web forums. Not the successes. Think about the thousands and thousands of hybrid owners we never read about. People panic when they read a few posts about leaks then assume that all hybrid trailers leak. Not so.

We're on our second hybrid trailer and no leaks in either one. The old hybrid was a 2003 Jayco Kiwi 17a that we bought new and used for 10 years.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #3

Agree 100 percent.
Ex. 2010 Jayco Jay Feather Ex-Port 17Z
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L Vortec V8 6-speed with Power Pack Plus Package | Hypertech Max Energy tune
wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #4

I would also agree, they should not leak. We had issues, but I am convinced the previous owners did something to the tents. The new tents have had no issues, our 1207 popup also had zero problems.
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71 CC 6.0L/3.73
ITBC
Reese "Pro Series" 800lb Trunnion WDH w/sway control
amabee is offline   Reply With Quote