Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-16-2014, 07:18 AM   #21

storage

Has anyone done anything with the open area above the stereo? I noticed when pulling out the stereo that the top panel is all open behind it.
tacoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:04 AM   #22

Yes, I took the panel off and created a little cubby there. Use some light weight material and you can make a shelf. We keep out hats/gloves up there. The key to this trailer is to keep modifications light in weight, as there is not too much cargo carrying capacity.

Also I mentioned in my prior post, there is also room below the sink -- just remove the false wall near the plumbing. Same with the false walls under the bathroom vanity. That is a little tighter, but you can still store some soap, TP, etc under there.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:10 AM   #23

Thanks, I did remove the panel under the sink. More room for pans.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:22 AM   #24

You can use that thin panel from under the sink for the shelf of the cubby above the CD player. I believe that is what I used.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:17 AM   #25

OK, I found something that may or may not be useful to you depending on your existing cabinets. Custom size drawers that are reasonably priced. All you need is the right slide brackets. I may do three of these at 3" deep. I estimate the cost to be about $100.

http://www.barkerdoor.com/ProductDet...ALTIC-DOVETAIL
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:22 PM   #26

My solution in my X17Z for utensils is plastic bins with lids. I have two of them, one for silverware and one for cooking utensils. I stack them under the sink on the top shelf.
gaylec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:06 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
OK, I found something that may or may not be useful to you depending on your existing cabinets. Custom size drawers that are reasonably priced. All you need is the right slide brackets. I may do three of these at 3" deep. I estimate the cost to be about $100.

http://www.barkerdoor.com/ProductDet...ALTIC-DOVETAIL
That is a pretty good find. I was looking for something like that a year ago, then it fell by the wayside. However, my interest in a drawer has resurfaced as we are redoing our bathrooms this month and the old vanities are going. The vanities have small drawers I might salvage for use as a silverware drawer in our trailer. I'm going to have to see if they fit.

The kitchen outlet would have to be moved but that is not a big deal.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:09 PM   #28

My wife and I bought silverware canisters from Ikea, one for our flatware and one for our kitchen utensils. We store them in the sink during travel and then they fit nicely between the sink and the stove when we are set up at the site.
raildogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:23 AM   #29

Since someone resurrected this thread, I did finally put drawers in my X20E.

Here's a thread I created with photos: http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=21938

We just got back from a week long trip and these drawers worked great!
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:52 PM   #30

My wife found a great idea. We took two cloth, over-the-door shoe holders, removed the metal hooks, used some parachute strap and hung over the bathroom door. Secured the bottom with a clip-on strap so they stay tight. One on the bathroom side, one on the outside. Works great! I'll see if I can get some pics. Great for utensils and light stuff in each holder.
AskewDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:52 AM   #31

I actually prefer using small Tupperware or similar containers stored in the cabinets and under the sink. They stay in place during travel rather than drawers opened and keep the silverware nice and clean even when traveling dusty roads. We use the clear tubs and a label maker to make sure it's easy to find what we're looking for. Our first aid, headlamps, small tools go in that cubby by the door in three separate tubs. Silverware in three tubs under the sink. Larger tubs for plates, bowls, cups in the cabinet over the couch. Food goes over the table and cooking supplies go in the cabinet over the sink. Our soap, scrub brush, steel wool, goes in one of those fancy camp dry racks where the lid coverts to a drip catcher that drains into the sink, but travels as a little box in the sink. Also placed a paper towel holder just above the first light switches by the door near the ceiling. The cubbies above the far bed are great for board games. The smaller cubby above the bed nearest the door stores our folding broom, fly swatted and camper documentation/manuals.
coloradocamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:21 PM   #32

Storage

You forgot under the seat. I put rain poncho, blanket and warm clothing. I always hope to not need to go into this storage area!
Old 06-21-2016, 05:42 PM   #33

Here is how we currently have our 17z setup. Seems to work out really well but, most of the time, it's just the wife and myself. Believe it or not, the dishes actually stay on the shelves when traveling.
Attached Thumbnails
20160621_163152.jpg   20160621_163219.jpg  
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
EAZ-Lift Weight Distribution Hitch w/Sway Control
jsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:50 PM   #34

I bought a shelving wire platform for stacking dishes, at bed bath & beyond, and then I keep silverware in a regular silverware plastic sorter ( that most people have in their home kitchen drawers) , underneath the platform. The stuff has never bounced out. I keep this in the cupboard above the sink in the x17z