Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #1

X17Z - TV Wall Mount and LED TV

Hey Gang,

Anybody have a recommendation on a good wall mount and LED TV combo? It looks like I can have a 24" TV just sit on top of the fridge shelf, but I'm thinking a wall mount will allow me to get a 26 or larger TV. Also the mount would allow me to tilt the TV downwards.

What are you guys using? Or are you just sorta tilting the 24" TV down?
s1njin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #2

I just bought the 22" Samsung LED TV for my x23b, should receive it Friday. I'm looking at either the Rocketfish mount or the Sanus mount for small TVs. Both have extendable arms that can go our, twist, turn, angle, etc. However, I don't plan to mount it where the dealer/manufacturers do (see pic with TV on it...this is not my unit...it's a stock photo)...as that is spot is right by the cooking surface, and my DW doesn't think it should go there (I think she's right). So I'm going to mount it on the other side of the door, above the window (see pic), with a mount that will reach out and angle it down. This way...the kids can even watch it on the front tent-bunk. What I don't know....is how to mount it to the wall...I'm very nervous about that. Are there studs?

Normal Dealer Setup
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kitchen.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	10275

I plan to mount it over that small window on the right...by running the cables over the door.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Door.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	10276
Attached Images

2014 Jayco Jay Feather X23B-"Glampy"(Sold)
DW, DS, DDx2, and Bandit & Fletcher
Bikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
Hey Gang,

Anybody have a recommendation on a good wall mount and LED TV combo? It looks like I can have a 24" TV just sit on top of the fridge shelf, but I'm thinking a wall mount will allow me to get a 26 or larger TV. Also the mount would allow me to tilt the TV downwards.

What are you guys using? Or are you just sorta tilting the 24" TV down?
When we bring a TV (which is not that often), we have a 22" LED. We don't have it mounted -- instead we just put it above the fridge for storage, but place it on the table by the window for viewing. We sit on the couch. There are only 2 of us, though, so that makes it a bit easier to do that. If you have 4 people, your results might differ. :-)

Joe
Old 10-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #4

Here is what I did.Click image for larger version

Name:	20131014_124533.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	10331Click image for larger version

Name:	20131014_124627.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	10332Click image for larger version

Name:	20131014_124740.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	10333Click image for larger version

Name:	20131014_124805.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	10334

Here are some links to the TV, mount, and cable I used to hook the TV audio up to the Jensen stereo.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used a 3M command hook attached to the back wall with a C clip on the TV mount to keep the TV from swinging around while towing. The mount is attached to the cabinet corner with three longs screws that need to be pre-drilled to around 3/4" of the size of the fastener. I also drilled a 1/2" hole behind the mount to run the power and audio wires for the TV. I've been on four trips with this set up now and haven't had any issues. Hope this helps someone.
ncooper96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #5

Nice work ncooper96. I like the side mount...thinking about this now...
2014 Jayco Jay Feather X23B-"Glampy"(Sold)
DW, DS, DDx2, and Bandit & Fletcher
Bikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #6

Amazon has tons of wall mounts, and at some really good prices!
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #7

X17Z - TV Wall Mount and LED TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncooper96 View Post
Here is what I did.

Here are some links to the TV, mount, and cable I used to hook the TV audio up to the Jensen stereo.

I used a 3M command hook attached to the back wall with a C clip on the TV mount to keep the TV from swinging around while towing. The mount is attached to the cabinet corner with three longs screws that need to be pre-drilled to around 3/4" of the size of the fastener. I also drilled a 1/2" hole behind the mount to run the power and audio wires for the TV. I've been on four trips with this set up now and haven't had any issues. Hope this helps someone.
The audio wires that you purchased- were they to run the audio from the television through the trailer speakers?
Old 10-16-2013, 10:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPenguin View Post
The audio wires that you purchased- were they to run the audio from the television through the trailer speakers?
Yes, sounds much better and louder via the trailer stereo. Just remeber to turn the outside speakers off when using the TV unless you want the CG to listen to what your watching also, ask me how I know. This audio cable only works if your stereo supports an auxiliary input, my 13' X17Z has the stock Jensen stereo.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:08 AM   #9

We didn't mount ours since the mount is on top of the wardrobe instead of side wall. So, when we use the TV, and that isn't very often, we just put it on the table.

Been a camper since I was a kid, and that was a long time ago :)
From pup tents with no floors, to tents with floors and flies, to a pop up, to the expandable.
chuckworkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:17 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncooper96 View Post
Here is what I did.Attachment 10331Attachment 10332Attachment 10333Attachment 10334

Perfect !!! And thanks for the links too !!!
s1njin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #11

Great installation ncooper96! I am going to follow your lead with my 2012 x17z.
Question...Did you drill the 1/2 inch hole just to run the power and coax cables down to the outlets? If so you must have drilled a second hole below the stereo unit it exit the cables to the power/coax inputs.
Also ..I have an aux input on the front of the Jensen stereo...is that the input you used to feed the audio from the TV to the trailer speakers?
Thanks
Harry
Ironbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #12

We were able to buy a wall mount TV with dvd built in from wallmart.. cheap, easy, and dvd all in one.

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:08 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbutt View Post
Great installation ncooper96! I am going to follow your lead with my 2012 x17z.
Question...Did you drill the 1/2 inch hole just to run the power and coax cables down to the outlets? If so you must have drilled a second hole below the stereo unit it exit the cables to the power/coax inputs.
Also ..I have an aux input on the front of the Jensen stereo...is that the input you used to feed the audio from the TV to the trailer speakers?
Thanks
Harry
This particular TV has an external power supply like a laptop computer. I mounted the power supply behind the stereo and the power cord just runs along the side of the cabinet, there is no second hole. The power cords runs up the wall from the outlet into the 1/2 hole to the power supply, then from the power supply back through the hole to the TV. My Jenson stereo has aux inputs on the back and front of the stereo, I used the cable listed in my initial post to hook up the audio feed to the aux input on the back of the stereo. The coax cable for the antenna also runs up the back side of the cabinet along with the power wire and for the most part they are not noticable. I'll try and take some more pictures later today if I have time.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:30 PM   #14

I was just checking out this mount and really like the set up. I have the same camper and just had one question. Did you find that you needed the mount to be able to tilt? I found they offer a much cheaper one that is the same but doesn't tilt. Thanks for any info.
tacoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma View Post
I was just checking out this mount and really like the set up. I have the same camper and just had one question. Did you find that you needed the mount to be able to tilt? I found they offer a much cheaper one that is the same but doesn't tilt. Thanks for any info.
Yes, it needs to tilt. Makes the TV much easier to view when sitting on the couch or laying bed.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:17 PM   #16

Thanks for the response and the great pictures of the install. Just received my order for the mount and tv today. Can't wait to install it and be ready for the first trip.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:41 AM   #17

Just installed the mount and tv. Real nice set up. I was able to drill a 1" hole next to the stereo to run the av cables and also put the power supply in the stereo cabinet and just have the small power cable running to the tv. Didn't like looking at the power supply. Once again thanks for the great info and pictures of your install made mine a breeze.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:51 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma View Post
Just installed the mount and tv. Real nice set up. I was able to drill a 1" hole next to the stereo to run the av cables and also put the power supply in the stereo cabinet and just have the small power cable running to the tv. Didn't like looking at the power supply. Once again thanks for the great info and pictures of your install made mine a breeze.
Glad it worked out for you. I've gotten lots of great info from this sight and try and return the favor when I can.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:13 AM   #19

This was an a-1 install. Easy and well worth it. Thanks
Old 03-27-2014, 08:20 AM   #20

We did not mount ours in our 23b due to the cooking area proximity. We travel with the dinette in the down position and the television rides there. Takes only seconds to hook up. We only use the tv for morning and evening news with our coffee. Rainy days we watch DVD's
Pitch1 is offline   Reply With Quote