Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #11
Originally Posted by wmoses View Post
I am confused .... they did the warranty work then they said they won't service it?

This is a strange thread -- PUGS are being suggested for a leak problem ....
Wayne.... I suggested PUGS because while I know they aren't for waterproofing, I thought maybe they might offer some form of protection for the seams. If that is where his leaks are from, although I'm not sure.

2013 Jayco Jay Feather X23B
2014 Ford Expedition
Horst Miracle Probes
Barker Power Jack
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #12
Not good to hear about dealers not wanting to do warrantee work on units they didn't sell. I've had my WhiteHawk in for a couple of small things and the dealer was great. I bought mine at Indiana RV Connection in Middlebury. My local dealer does not seem to care. I have bought a lot of accessories from my LD so I guess that might make a difference.

Greg & Patty
2014 Flagstaff 8528IKWS
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
4x4 6.0l v8
GBandPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #13
I'm pretty sure Jayco already knows that dealers don't like to service jayco units that they haven't sold because Gail in the Jayco office told me that's how it rolls!

Let me explain---bought a 2012 Swift 184BH spring 2012. It was totalled by hail this spring. We loved the floor plan and wanted another one. Our dealer did not have one, and said it would be 6 weeks or so before 2014's came in. During this time we had been in contact with Gail at the Jayco offices to ask what would happen if we kept the hail damaged camper--she advised against it and said it would no longer be covered by warrenty. Heart broken, we looked all around the Midwest and located a 184BH in Iowa. When I mentioned this to Gail---she advised against that, too, saying Jayco dealers are independent business owners and we would have trouble getting warrenty work done at,the local dealer ( where we bought the first camper.). I was told "we would be put at the bottom of the list" for any maintenance work, etc, till while regular customers were taken care of.

Obviously, being told this did not make me too happy (although in all things, Gail was very helpful). After searching the Internet several nights, I came across a new towable Winnebago---the winnebago Minnie 2101FBS (21 ft.). Also in Iowa.
Drove to Iowa and came home with the nicest, well built camper ever! It was $7000 more than the Jayco and worth every penny.

So, yea, unless you have an exceptional dealer, they do (and Jayco knows) drag their feet on service if they weren't the seller.
Deely, Vickie, Skippy and Elli ( the Pugs!)
2012 Jay Flight Swift 184BH ( Hail damaged--released to ins. Co)

Replacement: 2013 Winnebago Minnie 2101FBS

2010 Honda Ridgeline
1988 Perris Pacer "Bean" (molded fiberglass camper)
PugMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #14
We have a 2012 X17Z and absolutely love it. We have had it out in all kinds of weather and it's a sound and water tight as can be.

Sure, camping at the beach we had a few condensation issues, but that's not leaking. So far Richardson's RV has been wonderful on a few minor warranty issues we have had.

So sorry you are not happy with yours, perhaps it was defective to start with? I am sure that happens on occasion.
gaylec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #15
Hmm... So a dealer, not the original dealer, did warranty work on the unit. If I understand correctly the new tenting fixed the original problem, but is now leaking at the top where it mounts to the trailer? It sounds to me like the dealer who made the repairs screwed up. They are the ones who should be on the hook to fix it. Let them know this, and ask them if they are comfortable building a reputation for shoddy work. Social media is a very powerful thing. Lean on Jayco too. For every person that blows you off at Jayco, ask for their superior. Make some noise. The squeaky wheel gets greased.

Jayco campers are not bad. We bought our 3rd new Jayco this past May. But nothing is free from defects. Its unfortunate that the RV industry is behind the times when it come to warranty work, but the only way to fix that issue is for customers to demand it be fixed. If we roll over and let them do this to us, it will never change.

BTW, please use punctuation on your posts. We all want to help you, but run on sentences are very hard to read.
2013 Jayco Jayfeather X20 E, 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Z71 SLE
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:09 AM   #16
Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Just ran into an issue with this, Jayco refuses to help unless a selling dealer looks at it first even for emergency issues. Our door locked us in the camper, it's the Dexter electronic system and I was forced to remove the unit and pull the locking pin both to get out but also to continue use of door... Called yesterday, they won't send me the replacement - nor can I get a mobile tech or RV repair, they will only send it to my selling dealer (RVDirect) or the nearest dealer (2 states away). Never had an issue like this with Crossroads or Forest River....
Webber Family :campfire:
DW & 2 DD's
2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #17
Site Team
We had an issue with warranty work where we weren't able to get the work done at a 'local' dealer... so Jayco arranged for us to contact someone in our area to do warranty work (not a leak, but ours was a brake issue). This was back in 2010-ish but the word from Jayco back then was if you couldn't get to the dealer to do work, that the work could still be authorized. We also needed some parts that we weren't able to drive hours to the closest dealer to get, and Jayco sent them directly to us. Contact Jayco directly by phone as well as email. Hope this helps.

Denise, DH, grandkids, and two rescue pups
-2016 Jay Flight 29QBS Elite
-2016 Ford F-250 XLT 4x2, 6.2L EFI V8, 4.30 Elec Lock, Heavy duty Alt

CLICK HERE to save 30% $$ or more off your next Jayco RV
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote