Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-05-2015, 12:10 PM   #1

X20E vs. 19XUD Shower Knobs

Hi. Dh and I are looking to move from our popup to a hybrid. We are interested in a X20E or the 19XUD. I like the X20E but don't like the placement of the shower knobs. They are mounted on the side of the sink cabinet! Seems kinda crazy when I see so many owners doing mods to protect this very area from water damage. Can you guys chime in on this issue?

~the chief's wife
Attached Thumbnails
x20e shower knobs 2.jpg  
Chiefsou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:29 PM   #2

I cut a piece of plexiglass to cover the wood. Fits like a glove and no water leaks. If it ever stops raining I'll go out and take a pic. Made a small water dam at the front edge of the shower pan to keep water from running on the floor.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:31 PM   #3

Our (now gone) X23B had that arrangement. The shower curtain would "mostly" cover the area and it stayed fairly dry. In the 2 years we owned it I noticed no damage.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 01:27 PM   #4

Plexiglass install and small water dam near front edge. If your trailer is not level from side to side the water will run over this edge.

NOTE: they must have done away with the water gasket on this fixture, you don't have one.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 01-05-2015, 07:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsou View Post
Hi. Dh and I are looking to move from our popup to a hybrid. We are interested in a X20E or the 19XUD. I like the X20E but don't like the placement of the shower knobs. They are mounted on the side of the sink cabinet! Seems kinda crazy when I see so many owners doing mods to protect this very area from water damage. Can you guys chime in on this issue?

~the chief's wife
I have a 2014 X19H and it has the same arrangement. I velcroed (is that a word!) the shower curtain to all areas and it seems to solve the problem. I, however, usually am in a campground with a shower facility and use it all the time so I have really never needed to use the HTT shower. By the way, the 2015 19H model has moved the knobs to the wall which also solves the problem as this them make the unit have a FULL shower curtain. They may have done this to other models.

docmarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 12:40 AM   #6

We have a brand new x20e (2015 model). The shower knobs are mounted on the back wall of the shower surround . . . and, yes, there IS a real shower surround on the new model. As I recall, the 2014 that was on the lot did not have the surround, so we were pleasantly surprised to see it on the 2015 when it was finally shipped.
Dual 6V Deep Cycle Interstate Batteries
giddyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:54 PM   #7

Thank you all for your replies. And Tunce, thanks for the pic. I appreciate you taking time to go out there. Good to know there's a possibility that if we ordered we would get the shower surround but seems the mod would work just fine too.

~the chief's wife
Chiefsou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:07 AM   #8

I have the same issue on my 197 2014. How would you seal the corner if useing plexiglass? I would think moisture would get back there. I've tried it but I cant seal the corner on the wall. If any moisture develops back there you remove it?? I'm dealing with that now. Have you noticed any moisture back there?
Touch N Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:16 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touch N Go View Post
I have the same issue on my 197 2014. How would you seal the corner if useing plexiglass? I would think moisture would get back there. I've tried it but I cant seal the corner on the wall. If any moisture develops back there you remove it?? I'm dealing with that now. Have you noticed any moisture back there?
No, and plexiglass has been there for maybe and I'm guessing 60-70 showers. I've caulked all 4 sides and it's as tight as bark on a tree. The bath fan lid is always cracked open about 1" but I never run it for more than about 5-10 minutes at the most. In the AM I'll look at that corner and snap a better pic at that location.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:21 AM   #10

Pic is less than 5 minutes old of that inside corner and I see no mold or mildew. When the last person is done ( just 2) we use a micro fibre towel for just a fast wipe and let the rest air dry. We camp in state parks and on the coast, plus I live in Bellingham where it's wet most of the year and plenty of trees and as you can see no problems. Back side of plexiglass is dry and clear all the way around.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 01-15-2015, 01:14 PM   #11

You're taking navy showers. We don't really get enough water in that are to be of any concern. The shower curtain partly covers it, and we usually have the vent open anyway so it dries pretty quickly.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:38 PM   #12

My DW won't let us use the shower. It's a storage area for Dirty Laundry and other odd/ends that can't find a home. That's the beauty of CG Showers. All other amenities are used. I like the idea of the Plexi sheet Tunce. I may incorporate that anyway.
Equalizer 10k WD, Prodigy P3 Controller, TST TPMS

2012 - Jayco Sport 10 Popup - Traded
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote