Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-28-2014, 08:21 PM   #1

Question X23B Shower Mods?

Loving my X23B, but the shower is just too small and the curtain really doesn't hold back the water so it goes all over the floor. I need a new curtain solution. I see some "extend a shower" curtain rods on the web, but they look like they need opposite/parallel walls to make them work. http://www.etrailer.com/RV-and-Campi...EXT-5460C.html

The X23B only has 2 walls, however, and they aren't parallel. Does anyone have any shower mods that might be relevant?

It also doesn't help that the factory shower head doesn't aim down at the floor...it aims into the curtain, causing further issues and wetness. Any recommendations on a better shower head/holder?

Thanks for any help.
Bikester
2014 Jayco Jay Feather X23B-"Glampy"(Sold)
DW, DS, DDx2, and Bandit & Fletcher
Bikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:28 PM   #2

Welcome to one of the "quirks" of the X23B! You are not alone when it comes to the water on the floor problem. It seems (and I don't know why), Jayco changed the shower pan a few years ago. It was a nice deep pan instead of the shallow pans we have now.

After looking and looking at different and many possible solutions, without coming up with any, here is what I do to compensate. When I level the camper I try to go a little higher on the main door side. I stand 6'3", and if it wasn't for the sky light in the shower there would be no way I could use it. So I do the "army" way of showering. Water, lather up and rinse. I do take the shower head off of the holder and aim and rinse while turning the water on and off with the shut off on the shower head.

Good Luck!!
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:46 PM   #3

Would something like this work for you? The two attachment bases swivel so the mounting walls wouldn't have to be parallel. http://www.amazon.com/Zenith-Product...ain+rod+curved
2013 Jayco Premier 321 RLTS w/Atwood Levelegs (now removed)
ckdixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:02 PM   #4

I believe the extend-a-shower has swivel hinges and can be mounted on any wall configuration.
Sold 1999 Durango
fmichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:30 PM   #5

I find that the stock shower curtain does ok if I can keep it against the walls. My very low-tech solution to this problem is use two sprung close pins, clamped to the shower curtain track, to hold the two outside shower curtain clips as close to the wall as possible.

The other low-tech fix is to roll up a washcloth and place it on the edge of the shower pan under the shower valves. That catches the water that runs down the shower hose and the few drips that always seem to fall from the connection with the shower valves.

Finally, I use the technique suggested by glsimms and only keep the water on to wet down and rinse off.

These techniques don't result in perfection, but I rarely have more than a spoonful or two of water escape during a shower.
Ghostqix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:35 PM   #6

ghostqix - i agree. the shower design is not meant for long showers. there's little room for anything more than a quick rinse. I have seen mods where a hula-hoop was used to keep the curtain extended out for more room and a larger curtin used but for short showers it's fine as it is.
Sold 1999 Durango
fmichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:49 AM   #7

Thanks all great suggestions. I will try the low tech mods first and go from there. I'll teach the crew to be in and out...no messing around in the shower. Thx
Old 04-29-2014, 02:22 PM   #8

We use small pieces of self adhesive velcro on the wall and shower curtain to keep it against the wall. This keeps the spray and me from pushing the curtain open.

David & Sandy Hinkle
2014 X23B
2007 Honda Ridgeline Traded
2016 F150 Max Tow, Tow mirrors
dhinkle57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:05 PM   #9

We bought shower curtain clips that stick to the wall with double side tape. The clip then holds the curtain against the wall. Still had a little overflow on the toilet side but it helped quite a bit. I seem to recall that we found them at Bed Bath and Beyond ("th' Big 'Ole Bath"). Ours (now gone) was a '12 model and had the deeper shower pan. I saw a '13 on a dealer lot and at first look think the deeper would have been better. Hope you find a solution!

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:22 PM   #10

In case someone is wondering, Jaycos last year of deep shower tub which I love was 2012. This why we bought this, the 2012 model. I hope it lasts a long time. We plan on taking very good care of it.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:37 PM   #11

I have the 23j model...same shower set up and I also bought the clips that are held on by double sided tape. They work well
slabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:33 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinkle57 View Post
We use small pieces of self adhesive velcro on the wall and shower curtain to keep it against the wall. This keeps the spray and me from pushing the curtain open.
We second this quick fix! One of the first things we did on our first camping trip. Works quite well as long as the walls and curtain are clean and dry when you put the velcro on. (It helps to use the good stuff too - not the cheapest stuff from the dollar store!)
Zoey's Troop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:06 AM   #13

Awesome suggestions...thank you all

Tags
hybrid, mods, shower, x23b