Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-25-2016, 02:06 PM   #21

yep .. your wiring is consistant to mine with some slight differences, and one big difference of red wires
Its different than the other HT wiring in the other thread. You have breakers on both your solar connectors and the battery. Unless you have Ground Control too, then you seem to be missing a breaker
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:48 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdash View Post
I wonder if this is for the "solar on the side" or the "roof mounted solar"?
I see now that you have Ground Control, so one of your breakers is for that.
You're missing a breaker.
One for the side solar (the breaker with the yellow wire), one for the ground control (next breaker), one for the battery (the first breaker)
The roof solar is missing.
So you're right, that's what this recall is about.
If there's no breaker on your roof solar line, it looks to be hooked up already to your disconnect switch and ends where you found it inside your wall with the end taped. If it shorts out it could start a fire.
Old 03-26-2016, 12:58 AM   #23

Is this something I have to call the dealer for?
This is the first I have heard of any recall (online forum).
I still haven't found the other end of the wires from the solar ready connector on the roof in my 26.5 BLH Eagle HT
Onefastdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 06:51 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onefastdaddy View Post
Is this something I have to call the dealer for?
This is the first I have heard of any recall (online forum).
I still haven't found the other end of the wires from the solar ready connector on the roof in my 26.5 BLH Eagle HT
When I heard about two recalls on my trailer from this forum (they are actually called TSB's technical service bulletin)
I never got a letter, so I called Jayco and gave my last 4 digits of the serial number. They told me I did have 2 TSB's. A week later I ended up getting the letters. I guess it takes them a while to get all the letters out.

So you could call jayco and check. Get the number of the TSB because you'll have to to call your dealer and tell them, so they can get the part in. You will save some time this way.
If this TSB is actually about the missing 30 amp breaker, it is a $4 part and 2 ring connectors.
While you have your rig at the dealer, Onefastdaddy, make them find your wire!
Old 03-26-2016, 07:37 AM   #25

I assume that the process of purchasing a new trailer from a dealer puts you in Jayco's system in order to get these notification letters when it's my unit that is affected? I don't have to do anything separately, do I?
Old 03-26-2016, 08:07 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdash View Post
I assume that the process of purchasing a new trailer from a dealer puts you in Jayco's system in order to get these notification letters when it's my unit that is affected? I don't have to do anything separately, do I?
The only thing you have to do is call your dealer for an appointment after you find out if your unit is affected.
When the TSB's came out for the NorthPoint it was at least 3 weeks from me seeing a thread on this forum from someone getting a letter, until I got my letter.

This isn't a good time of the year to be trying to get an appointment with a dealer if you're in a winter climate.
That's why, if it were me, I'd be calling Jayco on Tuesday to find out if my unit was affected and get the ball rolling with my dealer.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:58 PM   #27

I'm starting to think mine was built after the recall period. I was out sanitizing the tank, fixing some minor issues, etc and followed the wiring a bit closer. I still need to get the tester out along with a ladder to test continuity between the roof and what I think are the solar lines. I also noticed a third breaker back in where I couldn't see it previously.

My side solar is spliced to a yellow and white/yellow. This runs through the front basement wall (above the compartment door) to the passenger side. The yellow goes to a breaker, the white/yellow goes to battery negative.

I also have 8 gauge red and black coming out of that same hole in the front wall passenger side. The red goes to a breaker (with a crimped on small hole terminal) and the black goes to battery negative. I believe these are my roof solar. I disconnected the black from battery and everything worked, so it isn't for my leveling system, leaving me to think it's solar.

Now to test continuity between roof and wires. Hopefully mine give me a tone!
Cdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:16 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
[snip]
If this TSB is actually about the missing 30 amp breaker, it is a $4 part and 2 ring connectors.
While you have your rig at the dealer, Onefastdaddy, make them find your wire!

I went in, they did the recall fix, which was a single ring connector, smaller, so the cable that went to the battery now can go onto the breaker. I had them leave it disconnected until someone finds the wire.
They said, Jayco agreed, that finding the wire could be too invasive and the remedy is run entirely new wires.
Not sure how since there's that expando foam in the walls. To me it would seem easier to find the wires using some wire trace tool. I may give it another try tomorrow with a wire trace tool.
The real puzzle is it's supposed to be both wires from the roof to the battery. Mine they go two directions. One to the battery compartment and one to the cabinet.
So, no joy on having them find it.
Onefastdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:21 PM   #29

We just picked our Eagle up over the last weekend and I asked them about the recall. They were clueless. Hopefully we were on a build AFTER the issue but I guess we will find out.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:49 PM   #30

If you are concerned Inthewind, just call Jayco and give them your VIN they will tell you if you are good.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:13 PM   #31

Yes, if you are unsure please call the manufacturer. Sometimes communication to the dealers gets lagged behind.
ThatWarrantyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote