Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-16-2016, 09:10 AM   #81

2010 Jayco Greyhawk coach door lock.

We purchased this motor home used. It is a beautiful coach with very low miles. The coach door lock eight out of ten times will not open with the key. The inside lock works fine. We are wondering if anyone else's had "this" problem. We don't know if it is the keys (it does it with both keys) or the lock. The keys look like the teeth are not deep enough to work the lock.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:45 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
I got my notice yesterday. None of my three different keys are on the list. I found the notice on line the other day while looking at the Global Link lock sets to have matching keys for every lockset.
I read this thread, ran out and tested our lock, it was fine. No worries. The next morning, our deadbolt key wouldn't go all the way in, and wouldn't turn. I had to climb in through the storage door, climb through the scissor couch, (diet started that day!), and was locked in! Had to remove the dead bolt from the inside of the door. Dealer is replacing under warranty.

Funny thing is, my lock and keys are "Global Link"!

Thanks for the heads up!

“An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered.” G.K. Chesterton
navymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:03 PM   #83

I haven't recv'd a letter. Just curious how many key #s are affected? Is it a long list?
micron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 02:01 PM   #84

I never got any word back after applying for this recall. Phone calls to the company went unanswered. I decided to replace the assembly on my own. I think I got it from rvlocks.com or something like that. It is just not worth the risk of accidentally locking someone inside the trailer.
2015 RAM 3500 CTD
steveb285rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:03 AM   #85

I have Bauer keys. I applied for the recall through Fastec website and received replacement lock set and tool keys, but the "remove" key doesn't fit my lock. Looks like the Fastec lock cylinders don't replace the Bauer keys?
Old 06-09-2017, 08:50 PM   #86

Door lock on 2013 Jay flight not working properly

Key comes out in any position ,got stuck tonight and key would not go back in and we got locked out . After about 30 minutes we finally got key to go back in only by beating key in and finally got door to unlock.
Jamdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:19 PM   #87

I dropped my trailer off at the dealer to get winterized. When I went to pick it up they told me the door lock was broken when I brought it in and billed me for it. (It worked fine when I brought it in). In any case, I got the recall notice about a year later... go figure.

The dealer, however gave me credit when I traded in for a newer trailer. Small gesture, but I appreciated that. Their mechanics have issues, but the sales guys are awesome.
Mike_az_mn is offline   Reply With Quote