Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-23-2016, 07:44 PM   #51

I have a Tekonsha controller and don't intend to change tow vehicles. Based on recent posts and my research I would really like to find a Sway Command for sale and add it to my factory ready SLX195.

Does anyone know of a source for a new or used Sway Command for sale?

RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 06:39 PM   #52

I'm picking up my new 212QB on Friday and will be towing it with my F150. I wonder if they will even offer me an option.

TaftCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 11:20 AM   #53

Per our dealer Jayco is insisting on the recall of all Sway Command installed trailers. We got a hefty allowance toward a new sway bar.. with out lightweight TT can you point me to a good one..

The dealer also said we don't need sway control but as the Sway Command got activated twice on the Great Plains we disagree.

We do.

26,000 miles in one year. Never home!
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 11:42 AM   #54

Our new White Hawk is prepped but not installed. The dealer mentioned the issues before we purchased it.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:14 PM   #55

We have the Andersen with sway control built in.

I love the easy on / off hitching sequence that is way less effort than my old standard bar hitch with no sway control.

Only have about 4500 miles and have not felt any sway so it is either working or we are lucky. Did feel sway with my old hitch.

We have the 195rb behind a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Make sure your dealer knows how to install it or do it yourself. The brackets must be properly tightened or they will slip and you will need to reset them yourself on the road like I had to.
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:21 PM   #56

Thanks Roger R.!

26,000 miles in one year. Never home!
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:05 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
We have the Andersen with sway control built in.

I love the easy on / off hitching sequence that is way less effort than my old standard bar hitch with no sway control.

Only have about 4500 miles and have not felt any sway so it is either working or we are lucky. Did feel sway with my old hitch.

We have the 195rb behind a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Make sure your dealer knows how to install it or do it yourself. The brackets must be properly tightened or they will slip and you will need to reset them yourself on the road like I had to.
Even tightened properly you may not completely eliminate slip. I went about 20lb/ft over the recommended 90lb/ft in the Andersen install manual and still had some slippage and ended up having the brackets tack-welded.

Kim Gass - I see you have a Ridgeline for TV. The Andersen is a weight-distributing hitch and I believe Honda recommends not using wdh with the Ridgeline, although I see plenty of folks including my neighbor around the corner do use them on their Ridgelines.

The no-sway function does work very well. We have the Baja edition 195RB which sits several inches higher than the standard edition and catches a bit more wind. We've got about 10K miles on ours and never had any problems. If you went this route you could just snug up the chains enough to engage the anti-sway but not so much as to engage much weight distribution. They have gone up a bit in price I see - just looked again on Amazon and see they are about $475 now. Ours was $375 2 1/2 years ago.