Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-01-2016, 07:29 PM   #1

tankless water heater issues

tankless water heater issues
we have the 31 ul unit 2014 model, water heater, was working great for 3 days, not it does not work. When you turn on hot water the heater kicks on but the unit does not lite. It goes thru the 3 cycles trying to lite, but does not, and no I am not out of propane, and the cook stove works great and the refg, on LP works ok. Any ideas?

2014 Jayco Precept
towing
2008 Honda CRV

2014 Jayco Precept
towing
2008 Honda CRV
Ropark50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:53 PM   #2

There is a reset on the heater. Did anyone answer you
street rod 37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:41 PM   #3

No one here answered, but I did find some info on the web about the reset, and it worked, but not sure what is causing the issue. What can I do to correct the issue?

2014 Jayco Precept
towing
2008 Honda CRV
Ropark50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:16 AM   #4

You may have your hot water turned up too high. Turn down some see if it helpsThats just a safety too keep water from getting too hot
street rod 37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:18 AM   #5

Who idea to change something that has worked for decades, to much conterversay over the tankless water stop production go back to old water tanks ! Before somebody gets burned
Gbowenva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbowenva View Post
Who idea to change something that has worked for decades, to much conterversay over the tankless water stop production go back to old water tanks ! Before somebody gets burned
The problem isn't tankless water heaters in general; the problem is RV manufacturers installing the cheapest piece of junk they could find (the Girards) instead of one that has a good track record, such as one of the PrecisionTemp models.
Old 07-23-2016, 08:19 PM   #7

My rv is almost two years old now. I have had problems with the Girard water heater almost every time I have taken the rv out for a trip. Too much water flow, too little water flow, too hot, someone turns on the cold water, someone turns on another faucet, trip the reset, red lights, no fan, heat sensors, high altitude, propane regulator. All I want is to be able to turn on the hot water faucet, AND GET HOT WATER! I don't want to rinse the soap off my body with cold water, put my shorts on, and go trouble shoot the dang water heater. This is getting old. I think their should be a recall on all the Girard water heaters. Replace them with something that works.
Mwade is offline   Reply With Quote