Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #21

I contacted Dexter on October 30th and sent them all the required information. The next day they sent me the approval to exchange the axels. My dealership called them and had the parts shipped directly to them. My dealership finished the install last week with no problems. The staff at Dexter and my dealership were great!!!!!

jcooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:14 PM   #22

We got our axles fixed a few weeks ago and finally got her home last week. These things are a lot bigger then the old axles.

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #23

Peggy and I went out for thanksgiving weekend, first time pulling the TT since axles were changed.WOW! Let me say I enjoyed pulling the TT prior to new axles, but we had a "small what I will call a bounce" going down the road. Well the ride is so much smoother with the new axles. Thanks to BLKCorvair for starting this thread and letting us know about the axle problems.
US Army
VN.71-72
RickAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:01 PM   #24

Just stumbled across this post. We ordered a 28DSBH WhiteHawk last April. It was delivered in June as a 2014 model. Is this something I should be concerned about, or was this problem corrected on the more recent models? Our camper is spending the winter about 250 miles away from us on family land to save us storage costs during the winter months. Therefore, I do not have access to the axles.
mrp116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:52 PM   #25

Just look at your axle tubes and if they are 3" in diamiter your fine. If less get the numbers off the sticker on the axle and call Dexter direct. They will take care of you. We bought our White Hawk in 2012 and did not hear about this until three months ago. Dexter took care of us and I admit that the new axles ride better. Good Luck. Buy the way this site ROCKS for good information welcome.
rdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:09 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrp116 View Post
Just stumbled across this post. We ordered a 28DSBH WhiteHawk last April. It was delivered in June as a 2014 model. Is this something I should be concerned about, or was this problem corrected on the more recent models? Our camper is spending the winter about 250 miles away from us on family land to save us storage costs during the winter months. Therefore, I do not have access to the axles.
I am 99.9% confident your Dexter axles are fine. We purchased a 2013 27DSRL with a Sept 2012 build date. The Dexter axles on our trailer were manufactured July 2012 per the info. Dexter e-mailed me. You can e-mail Dexter with the info contained on the axle tags for peace of mind and confirmation, but I'm betting your axles are 3" diameter.
thomasmnile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:15 PM   #27

We have a 2013 Whitehawk with the wrong axles. Since we are the 2nd owner Jayco wouldnt warranty. I contacte Dexter Axle and now have 2 complete new axles. Problem is finding and rv dealer to install. Has anyone out her did there own install? I was thinking about jacking it up and setting on 4 jack stands. Any easier way? Thanks.
rrbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:22 PM   #28

I am very happy I did some searching on the White Hawk before and after the purchase. We have a 2013 that I was purchased in Feb 2014. The axles are 2 3/8 on the trailer. I sent an e-mail but no response yet. Called and left a message with Jim in the warranty department on Thursday. I will give them until early next week then call again and try to get Denise. We only have one trip on the trailer with about 200 miles. Really don't want the tire wear let alone the axles bending. Thanks for all the help with this thread!!!! Very helpful!
Old 06-03-2014, 04:53 PM   #29

Just and update. I just recently discovered that I have the 2 3/8 axle. I spoke to Connie at Dexter Axle who was very nice and helpful. Dexter has agreed to send the assembled axles to the dealership; however, they do not pay for the labor.

My dealership service rep says that Jayco says the axles are fine and the bending has only happened on a few campers and that the uneven tread wear is the only concern. Jayco nor the dealership will cover the cost of the labor because it is not a technical bulletin or a recall, only a customer courtesy.

It will cost about $250.00 at my dealership to have them replaced. It is only $250.00 but yet again it is $250.00 - money doesn't grow on trees. I am wondering if I should have it done.
Eaglechief_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:08 PM   #30

I talked with Connie also and have to say that Dexter Axles have great customer service. I was very impressed. The Jayco dealer service department said they had never heard of the problem. I was a bit surprised by that but they might not read this great forum. Hopefully I can get this taken care of as I will feel much better about it. This trailer needs to last us for awhile.