Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-08-2017, 02:24 PM   #21

Incredible Scott, thanks for sharing.

Personally I give you 10 for effort, 10 for ingenuity, and 10 for "what the heck were you thinking!"

I also don't think the membrane is ever perfect. My factory roof has bubbles beneath, not that many here often gives 10's to the Jayco builders. I'll bet yours is now twice as good as the factory roof.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:04 PM   #22

Thumbs up

Thanks for all the kind words! As stated before - I would not do this again. Or maybe I would since I know what to expect - NO!!!

Here are a couple of other pics of the roof from the top side before I put the luan on. Kind of gives an idea of how the wiring is installed. Front is to the left and this is from the top side.

Also, you may have noticed I did not put the speakers back in. I actually ran the wires all the way to the bunk area and they come out by the bed light ports. I plan on putting in some better speakers; not so much for it to be loud but so it sounds better.

I found the issue with the a/c. One of the wires on the ceiling control was loose. Looked ok but it was the temp adjustment side and without current it wouldn't adjust. Now we have nice cold air.

ROOF REPLACEMENT

PARTIAL FLOOR REPLACEMENT
Scott91370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:24 AM   #23

Quick note.
I did partial floor replacement and here is the link:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post569638

ROOF REPLACEMENT

Old 08-03-2020, 07:55 PM   #24

Found it! Jesus I hope (fingers crossed) I don't have to do this. The floor already isn't making me excited but I'll get it done over the winter/spring.

-Eric
twoadventureaddicts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 06:56 AM   #25

Yeah, it is not for the faint at heart and I'm not sure I would do it again. It is nice to see it and know I did it though.

Do all the pictures show up for you? They're on Photobucket so I wasn't sure if they would still show.

ROOF REPLACEMENT

Old 08-04-2020, 08:13 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott91370 View Post
Yeah, it is not for the faint at heart and I'm not sure I would do it again. It is nice to see it and know I did it though.

Do all the pictures show up for you? They're on Photobucket so I wasn't sure if they would still show.
Most of the photos did not show up, but I got the idea from those that did.

I'm going to replace as many seals as I can throughout the RV, when I do the AC one did I read you wrapped the roof with metal tape to let the water drip into the RV so its noticed right away? Do you have photos of how you did it?

Thank you in advance.

-Eric

“Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.”
twoadventureaddicts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 08:24 AM   #27

Shoot me your email address and I can send the document I wrote up with all the pictures.

As far as the wrap, I actually used EternaBond. I don't have pics and I'm not sure how to explain it other than: I started about 2" from the opening on the roof then wrapped it down and inside the camper to the ceiling and covered about 2" of the ceiling. EternaBond sticks so good I don't know how water could get under it so I'm hoping if water gets by the a/c seal it will drip onto the floor making it noticable.

ROOF REPLACEMENT