Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #31
ok, Merry
Christmas to all, hope santa found all of you.
So we have had our new tt for approx 3 weeks now. very nice unit but problems are creeping up............ already booked for service oin the new year.
when we picked up our tt we were at the dealer for 4.5 hours so the could fix some problems.
the switches for the electric stablizers didn't work
the bathroom wall was not screwed to the floor and was very shaky
the trim around the bedroom door was broken
the kithcen sink fawcet was cracked(didn't notice until we got it home and turned it on) water every where
the actual tongue hitch would not lock onto the truck....they used a hammer and 2x4 to fix that
and we kept blowing fuses like crazy....
they fixed those issues while we waited.
new issues include the stero, loud hum
door doesn't close properly
door hits awning even though awning is as high as it will go...... door is 6" taller than our last tt
thermostat isn't working properly... going to change it out to digital.
silders have a gap at bottom when open (all 3) can see light and feel the breeze
I realize these are not all jayco problems but rather the companies they purchase from.
The one thing i would love to see when a company sells a new rv to someone is that they take a day and test it thourghly. there was a couple when we were ther that was on their 3rd visit to pick up the 2013
trailer that had allot of issues. they ended up leaving only to have to come back a 4th time.
other than the small issues, it really is an awesome trailer.

Sean597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #32
I noticed light from the corner of our wardrobe slide yesterday. What was the solution?

33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:20 AM   #33
Jayco issues

Hi Sean, glad to hear you have got a new unit but sorry to hear about problems already. I purchased a 2010 32rlts fifth wheel and have had lots of problems as well, but was lucky and had a good dealer that repaired all items, which are to many to list here. Our warranty was finished on Dec 24 2012 so I am on my own and problems are continuing to come along. My fireplace has since crapped out but was told by dealer they would repair when we got home. But since then we had a water leak from our kitchen grey water tank. Only leaks when full, never got any reply from dealer so got a hold of Jayco as I figured it was a poorly installed fitting on top of tank, but hard to confirm this as tank is tight to bottom of floor. Anyway got a reply from Jayco and was told they used some kind of rubber seal on top of tanks and if tank is allowed to fill up water will leak past seal because of pressure, never heard of this before. Solution from Jayco was I have to empty tank when it is 2/3 full. That would be fine if my tank level indicators worked so I knew when tank was 2/3 full, but they have never worked properly. I told Jayco this and his answer was I have to take some responsibiltiy and make sure my tanks are emptied so I don't have leak.They likely used Chinese parts for my tanks like they did for my slide motor which failed first time I used it. What a joke, I personally will never own another Jayco.
So Sean good luck with your new trailer, hopefully it will be better than your last

jimdl53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:40 PM   #34
If you have a news trouble shooter call them. That will get there attention

timleenc is offline   Reply With Quote