Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-23-2012, 02:16 AM   #21

Sean,

So your telling us a new trailer you bought in Dec. of 2011 , and used for less than a year , according to to Travelland has no real trade-in value and is not worth repair. That is just so hard to comprehend. How did your trailer come to have so many leaks? Was it involved in a accident? I can only hope that Jayco steps Up and makes this right somehow. There are two guys who own Travelland. Maybe you can get one or both of them involved or even a letter from a lawyer. BTW I happened to walk by Kustom Koach today and noticed it was up for sale. Please keep us informed.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #22

Murphie,
the trailer has never been in an accident. Just lots and lots of problems creeping up. We do use it (when we have it) on a regular basis(all year long). The real reason we bought it was to get away anytime without staying in hotels. My wife is really upset at the whole thing and really doesn't want a trailer anymore period. She if afraid of another lemon and the headachs it comes with.
We were going to purchase a springdale from Kustom Koach until we were told that they were retiring and getting out of the rv business.
I just have to wait until tomorrow and see what traveland has to say. Originally they wanted me to buck up 7000.00 for a new model. told them that was not going to happen.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:32 PM   #23

Sean,

Well I hope you will have some better news to share with us but I suspect that unless Jayco gets involved it will be tough to get a break. I went with a fiberglass exterior this time due to the number of leaks I had with the old trailer which had the other exterior. I really don't know if there is a cause and effect difference but I kept both watched closely for caulking cracking and roof seam issues. I think we all have worried about being in the same position and know some here have had major repairs done under warranty. This was one reason I mentioned having a seal tech test done ( where the trailer is given a positive air pressure and the exterior checked for air leaks). From what you posted about your trailer re. leaks and roof deformed , it sounds like the trailer needed a close inspection and major repairs done which made the value of trailer limited. Quite frankly all trailers can fall into this category due to construction methods. This is why it is so important to maintain your trailer which I'm not suggesting that you didn't but nevertheless even with best practices followed , anyone of us could find ourselves in your position. Given the above I will say i'd rather have Jayco the manufacturer than most others due to their history of standing up behind their products and those that own them. Btw I have sent you a private letter you will find in your inbox.
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Old 11-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #24

ok, so we went yesterday to look at a new tt. Traveland was not much help, in fact i found the business manager Chris to be rude and didn't care. We were told to basically take a new one at $7000.00 more plus taxes or have our old one back.
My tt looks like like a gutted cargo trailer now. They couldn't even find it when we wanted to go look at it. It is in the far storage lot and no work is being done until "WE" decide to either buy a new one or have ours put back together. If we decide on the old one, it will be another 3 weeks until the repairs are complete.
They did replace the facia board on the back shelves where there was water damage, with a different color facia.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0799.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	5725Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0800.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	5726Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0801.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	5727Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0802.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	5728Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0803.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	5729Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0804.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	5730Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0805.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	5731
I'm really at my wits end at this point with Jayco and Traveland.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #25
Site Team

Rule # 4 from the Jayco problems and issues forum rules:
4. Any legal discussions, including stating that you have hired a lawyer, mention of lawsuits, threats, etc will cause the thread to be removed.

Any further mention of legal action and the thread will be closed.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...-Issues-Thread
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #26

OK, here is what i has come down to..........a shiny new 2013 Jayco 33RLDS. I'm still not happy with the whole process but we "coughed" up another $6000.00 (Jayco only gave us a $500.00 credit and traveland matched).
I hope that this is the last of any issues with jayco. The new TT has the wardrobe slider in the bedroom. We pick it up on Wednesday.YAHOOOOOOOOO.
Click image for larger version

Name:	11865%20(1).jpg
Views:	68
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	5789Click image for larger version

Name:	11865%20(3).jpg
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	5790Click image for larger version

Name:	11865%20(4).jpg
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	5791
Old 12-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #27
Site Team

Glad to hear you have resolution to this matter. Hopefully your troubles are now behind you and you can enjoy the new trailer. Really looks nice.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:37 AM   #28

Hi Sean,

Glad to hear your back in the game. Buying the 2013 was probably the best decision. I noticed at Blade RV they had a new 2012 model on sale for 23,800. Now you'll have peace of mind and a trailer that you fell in love with and another 2 year warranty. Happy camping
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Old 12-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #29

See.....these kind of stories can have a happy ending after all . (i was though horrified looking at your above dismantled interior pics )
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #30

I am sorry to hear about all of your problems with your TT. Hopefully your new one is problem-free for as long as you own it, and while you're sitting under the awning sipping a cold adult beverage you will be able to laugh about the past problems. One way to look at it: Would you want a brand new JOF sticker on your old trailer? No way! Good luck and Happy Camping!!!
pm1stnau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #31

ok, Merry
Christmas to all, hope santa found all of you.
So we have had our new tt for approx 3 weeks now. very nice unit but problems are creeping up............ already booked for service oin the new year.
when we picked up our tt we were at the dealer for 4.5 hours so the could fix some problems.
the switches for the electric stablizers didn't work
the bathroom wall was not screwed to the floor and was very shaky
the trim around the bedroom door was broken
the kithcen sink fawcet was cracked(didn't notice until we got it home and turned it on) water every where
the actual tongue hitch would not lock onto the truck....they used a hammer and 2x4 to fix that
and we kept blowing fuses like crazy....
they fixed those issues while we waited.
new issues include the stero, loud hum
door doesn't close properly
door hits awning even though awning is as high as it will go...... door is 6" taller than our last tt
thermostat isn't working properly... going to change it out to digital.
silders have a gap at bottom when open (all 3) can see light and feel the breeze
I realize these are not all jayco problems but rather the companies they purchase from.
The one thing i would love to see when a company sells a new rv to someone is that they take a day and test it thourghly. there was a couple when we were ther that was on their 3rd visit to pick up the 2013
trailer that had allot of issues. they ended up leaving only to have to come back a 4th time.
other than the small issues, it really is an awesome trailer.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #32

I noticed light from the corner of our wardrobe slide yesterday. What was the solution?
33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:20 AM   #33

Jayco issues

Hi Sean, glad to hear you have got a new unit but sorry to hear about problems already. I purchased a 2010 32rlts fifth wheel and have had lots of problems as well, but was lucky and had a good dealer that repaired all items, which are to many to list here. Our warranty was finished on Dec 24 2012 so I am on my own and problems are continuing to come along. My fireplace has since crapped out but was told by dealer they would repair when we got home. But since then we had a water leak from our kitchen grey water tank. Only leaks when full, never got any reply from dealer so got a hold of Jayco as I figured it was a poorly installed fitting on top of tank, but hard to confirm this as tank is tight to bottom of floor. Anyway got a reply from Jayco and was told they used some kind of rubber seal on top of tanks and if tank is allowed to fill up water will leak past seal because of pressure, never heard of this before. Solution from Jayco was I have to empty tank when it is 2/3 full. That would be fine if my tank level indicators worked so I knew when tank was 2/3 full, but they have never worked properly. I told Jayco this and his answer was I have to take some responsibiltiy and make sure my tanks are emptied so I don't have leak.They likely used Chinese parts for my tanks like they did for my slide motor which failed first time I used it. What a joke, I personally will never own another Jayco.
So Sean good luck with your new trailer, hopefully it will be better than your last

Jim
jimdl53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:40 PM   #34

If you have a news trouble shooter call them. That will get there attention
timleenc is offline   Reply With Quote