Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-28-2014, 08:23 PM   #1

2015 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5

Was wondering if this is normal or do i have some warranty issues??Excuse me as i am a newbie to rv's.
Attached Thumbnails
20141026_170535_resized.jpg   20141026_170540_resized_1.jpg   20141026_170546_resized.jpg  
06 cummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:26 PM   #2

I was told by my dealership that these liners only get glued around the edges.Everything i'm finding online is that they get glued down front to back.Any help/advice will be appreciated.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:46 PM   #3

My 2014 Eagle has a couple smaller spots like that, one's on top a slideout and the other's are on the roof. They are not getting any worse, I'm not worried about them. Looking at your photos there I wouldn't worry about those either. Seems like even on the new units nothing's perfect. Little blemishes but most will be just fine. See what some other opinions are, I'm no expert by any means.
bcmorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 cummins View Post
Was wondering if this is normal or do i have some warranty issues??Excuse me as i am a newbie to rv's.
Bring it back! In my opinion, those are some pretty ugly blemishes. The seams where the roof decking is wouldn't bother me too much but the big wrinkles would bother me. I just wouldn't sleep at night, but I am pretty paticular about stuff like that. Talk to the dealer first, if you don't get satisfaction then call Jayco customer service.
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller

Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:01 PM   #5

look's like it will flap in the wind don't look good
mikebrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:38 PM   #6

I think they have a longer warranty on the roof, don't know if it applies to the covering or not. I would take it to the dealer and ask him to make sure it's ok. If nothing happens, I would call Jayco and try and get them to do something. I don't believe it should look like that as a new FW.
2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 EXP
2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:19 AM   #7

For me, if it's under warranty, it goes back for repair. If the warranty were expired, that's a whole different issue, as it becomes "your dime". But this should be a no brainer. Let them see it and correct it while it's under warranty.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:45 AM   #8

That is brutal! Shame on Jayco for letting something like that leave the factory. Take it back to the dealership and have them make it right. I would be furious if that was my trailer, especially a brand new Eagle at that!
SkyBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 09:31 AM   #9

Just curious, does your 2015 HT 29.5 have the light colored front cap? Just wondered, I've seen the 2015s with both light and dark front caps, and your pictures appear to have a lighter colored, different texture roof material than my 2014 HT 29.5 with the dark front cap.

BTW, mine has a couple little ripples in it, but nothing like that.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:03 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
Just curious, does your 2015 HT 29.5 have the light colored front cap? Just wondered, I've seen the 2015s with both light and dark front caps, and your pictures appear to have a lighter colored, different texture roof material than my 2014 HT 29.5 with the dark front cap.

BTW, mine has a couple little ripples in it, but nothing like that.
Yes , my cap is the light colored one.The material that they use for these just don't feel very thick.Can anyone tell me if the whole roof is roled in glue then liner applied or are just the edges of the trailer glued?My camper company is saying just the edges are glued,but all info I found on line says otherwise. Thanks for the replies
Old 11-13-2014, 10:37 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 cummins View Post
Yes , my cap is the light colored one.The material that they use for these just don't feel very thick.Can anyone tell me if the whole roof is roled in glue then liner applied or are just the edges of the trailer glued?My camper company is saying just the edges are glued,but all info I found on line says otherwise. Thanks for the replies
I would find out who manufactured your roof membrane. Then I would call that manufacturer to determine the proper installation procedure. If the roof manufacturer states that it's to be 100% glued down wall to wall, then Jayco needs to fix your roof and install it according to the roof manufacturer's specifications. Even if just the edges are to be glued down, it still doesn't look right IMO.

My roof is Alpha Ply, which carries a 10 yr warranty from Alpha Ply, but if Jayco did not install the roof membrane correctly, that would likely void the Alpha warranty. My roof also has a couple VERY SMALL wrinkles, but nothing like what you've got going on.

Edit: See if you can provide those pics to your roof membrane manufacturer to determine if it's an acceptable installation. If roof membrane manufacturer says it's okay, and Jayco says it's okay, then if there's a problem, it's on them. But my guess is roof manufacturer is not going to like that very much...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:10 PM   #12

I have a new 2015 Eagle HT 27.5 and I haven't looked at the roof. Its covered by snow now but I will look in the spring. My dealer is very good and has taken care of all the problem we have had. We took delivery in mid September and I have got to say im not impressed with Jayco QC. The problems should have been taken care of before it was released from the factory. From water pump to trim not good. I will be very unhappy with a roof problem!
rbintheup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:50 PM   #13

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
SkyBound;
That is brutal! Shame on Jayco for letting something like that leave the factory. Take it back to the dealership and have them make it right. I would be furious if that was my trailer, especially a brand new Eagle at that! <<<<

That's definitely poor workmanship and should not be accepted. Looking at the pictures they should redo the whole roof. Jayco is using the Alpha roof membrane and should be completely glued and the air has to be rolled out. May be they had a lunch break at Jayco. NO this roof is not acceptable, it never should have left the plant!
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:28 PM   #14

When we toured the Jayco 5 th wheel factory this June, I saw them installing the rubber roofs. They applied glue to the entire roof. Guys were working from the side scaffolding and were up on the roof with rollers applying the glue. I watched the entire process and after applying the rubber material and were using equipment like squeegees to smooth out the wrinkle's. The tour guide mentioned they wanted to get all the wrinkles out as customers would complaint. The guide went in to detail about how they can leave the factory with no wrinkles but temperature changes causing expansion and contraction can result in wrinkles with the rubber roof material.
After the tour and on the way home, I have a 2014 266RKS Eagle and before purchasing I climbed up the back ladder and noted our roof (which is a rubber roof) also had wrinkle's along or near the edges.
I pointed this out to the RV Dealer and said I wanted to know Jayco opinion before I close the deal. He checked with Jayco while we were there and they came back with the same story our tour guide gave.
I have checked the roof periodically and yes the wrinkles shrink and come back based on weather temperature. If you have the rubber roof I would not be to concerned, but would document it to Jayco and you dealer via a letter and there web site on Jayco.com. Ask Jayco for there comments in the customer contact on there web site.
G
reedga1990 is offline   Reply With Quote