Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2019, 06:57 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rose View Post
How do I adjust rv slideout on Jayco 28bhs that is under couch. I have the same problem the guy was having with one upper side to far one direction. Thx
Did you ever find the answer for this? I need to adjust mine.

2020 Ford F350 XLT 4x4 SCLB, FX4, 6.7 Diesel
2021 NorthWood Nash 29S, OTG, Solar
2014 Ford F150 XLT 4x4 HD, SCLB, 5.0 373 SOLD
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHS SOLD
ToppDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 04:39 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
I had a situation where the slide on my 28BHS would not fully seat on the front top corner when the slide was retracted after about a year and a half of use. The slide was out of adjustment on mine, but I believe it was at least partly my fault for not using the slide lock during that period, which causes the top of the slide to move during travel. Now I use the slide lock all the time. I adjusted the slide myself, all the brackets and slide mechanism are under the couch on that slide. Your fix could of course require a more involved approach, I would get the dealer to take care of it with the warranty. Good luck and let us know what the fix is.
New to the forum (first post). Have 2014 swift 281bhs with the small slide. I see you adjusted yours. Ours seems to need adjusting. Looking from inside under couch- right side is too low and is compressing lower seal when extended. Slide began leaking when open on both bottom sides and we must put it in during rain. Took to shop and he says seal is good. Told us to buy a slide top awning and would solve issue. I showed him that looked like slide wasn’t fitting properly and it was dragging the seal some. We have put a lot of $$ in it this season to fix rear leak, damage and have entire unit re- sealed. Would like to see if we can adjust slide before replacing with “larger seal” or “slide topper” as tech suggestions. Thanks for your time!!
RV family lovin is offline   Reply With Quote