Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-27-2013, 04:58 PM   #1

30.5 BHLT water leak?

I guess you need to be familiar with the 30.5 BHLT layout to understand where we are having this 'water problem'.
After camping this Memorial Day weekend and during packing up, I discovered a wet spot in the bunk area of our 2012 30.5 BHLT. As you step down into the bunk area there was a water spot on our rug right up against where the step down meets the floor. It's very bizarre. Where could water be coming from in this spot? It can't come from above, because the loft is above that area. Is it possible that there is a leak I the front of the camper and water is running back underneath the kitchen and underneath the step? You'd have to know the set-up/layout of this fifth wheel to understand.
Please help!!! We are a few weeks from going out of warranty , however, if anyone else can shed some light on this problem it would be helpful when we take to the dealer.
PrellFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:49 PM   #2

Location: Burson, CA In the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mts.
Don't have your model but if you are that close to going out of warranty I would suggest you either get to your servicing dealer quick or at least call Jayco and get it on record that you are having this issue prior to your warranty expiration.

Steve

Steve, Berne and Rascal
2012 Jayco 31.5 RLTS
2007 F250 Powerstroke
Panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:22 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead View Post
Don't have your model but if you are that close to going out of warranty I would suggest you either get to your servicing dealer quick or at least call Jayco and get it on record that you are having this issue prior to your warranty expiration.

Steve
X2. Let the dealer figure it out and get proof (paperwork) from dealer that the isse was resolved.
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrellFamily View Post
I guess you need to be familiar with the 30.5 BHLT layout to understand where we are having this 'water problem'.
After camping this Memorial Day weekend and during packing up, I discovered a wet spot in the bunk area of our 2012 30.5 BHLT. As you step down into the bunk area there was a water spot on our rug right up against where the step down meets the floor. It's very bizarre. Where could water be coming from in this spot? It can't come from above, because the loft is above that area. Is it possible that there is a leak I the front of the camper and water is running back underneath the kitchen and underneath the step? You'd have to know the set-up/layout of this fifth wheel to understand.
Please help!!! We are a few weeks from going out of warranty , however, if anyone else can shed some light on this problem it would be helpful when we take to the dealer.
I would think the only possibility would be from the kitchen also. Good luck with finding the source of the leak.
Firestone ride-rite air bags
dieselmann35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:11 PM   #5

I had a small leak on one of the lines that went attached to the hot water tank. The line had a good sideload on it from being too short and would drip. This water would make it to the bootom of the bunk step.
Pull the panel under the fridge and leave your pump on and watch it.