Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #1

Question 32tsbh slideout motor mount brackets

I have a 2013 32tsbh that has been towed a total of 200 miles during one trip, then parked at a permanent campsite. During approximately the tenth use of the trailer, I noticed that the door side rear slideout drive mechanism did not disengage when the slideout was completely retracted. I looked underneath the trailer (on the non-door side) and noticed that a weld on the motor mounting bracket was failing. Additionally, I noticed that this bracket was missing a reinforcing plate across the bottom, like the other two slideout motors have. I was told by my dealer that the necessary repairs could only be performed at the Jayco construction facility in Indiana, and that I would have to take the trailer there for the repairs (I'm sure glad I don't live in Nebraska). The dealer finally talked Jayco into picking up the trailer from my dealer in Joliet, Illinois. Jayco estimates that the repair will take three months or more to perform (they can build an entire trailer in eight hours). Has anybody had any experience with a similar defect and repair?
tamosaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:11 PM   #2

Darn! They really expected you to take it to them??? What would they do in my case? I live probably 1000 miles away, and don't even have a TV that will pull my TT. It is stored and used at a campground. Guess, I will be taking a good look at mine next time I am down.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote