Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-25-2014, 12:27 AM   #21

I guess I should have said "if Jayco QA even exists"!

2006 Chev Silverado Z-71 5.3L H.O. w/ Trailer Pkg

Tekonsha Primus IQ Controller
Roadwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:51 AM   #22

That is inexcusable. Anything built by humans will have flaws, but there are thousands of trailers out there that were built really well by people who care. This was done intentionally by someone who was having a bad day and didn't give a crap. I feel sorry for the people who bought the trailers that person worked on. I just wonder what the other employees were thinking when they saw that and you know they did.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:14 AM   #23

Oven Pilot adventures

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVer-Bill View Post
..(snip) The oven pilot won't stay lit, so I'll have the dealer fix that next spring. .
I had the same problem. With the help of youtube, I gathered some scrap wood and tygon tubing and made a manometer to check LP gas pressure.

there are two reducers to check, the main one by the bottles and one underneath the stove top by the burners.

I found that the main reducer was out of adjustment and not putting out enough pressure. Once adjusted, the oven now works fine.
tjpolsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by striper44 View Post
This is what I found on my 2014 jayco white hawk 31dslb I don't think I have write about it the pictures tell the story
You are not alone.... My New 2014 Jay Flight - 23MB
I have an ongoing thread about this. But I figured i better add these to yours.
Attached Thumbnails
photo 1.jpg   photo 2.jpg  
firestorm128d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:34 PM   #25

did you fix it your self or did you bring it to the dealer
striper44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:36 PM   #26

they must have built on the same day
striper44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:27 PM   #27

2014 Eagle HT 27.5BHS

Son of a gun, I thought I was looking at my pics. I used a boroscope to see the ducts weren't connected.
One up, my rear bunk house window wasn't sealed, the wall had to be replaced.
Oh, the furnace supply was kinked, we bought elect. heaters till repaired.
The dealer (Camping World Kingston) has gone the extra mile to repair/replace/correct Jayco mfg. deficiencies.
Better to pull covers and check operation/run before signing - don't buy a pig-in-a-poke. Great camp fire conversation.
DJsFolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:58 PM   #28

OK. Our first new TT - actually our first EVER TT - will be built this spring. Now I'm worried about my ducting. My PDI won't be for several more months, but I'm not sure how to go about checking out the heating ducts.

With the Thermal Package, the underneath will be heated and sealed. I imagine there no inspection areas to allow a visual check of ducts etc. under there.

Is the process to feel the air flow from each floor duct, and, if one of them seems significantly lower than the other(s), have the dealer pull interior panels to visually inspect the ducts? Or do I just shrug my shoulders and wait until I get it home and locate some kind of camera/bore scope to poke around with?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:57 AM   #29

when you do your walk through you should be looking at everything. Walls, cabinets inside and out storage areas etc. Also run everything to make sure it works, Furnace, AC, fridge water TV, Stereo. If there are any issues don't sign the papers. I have seen many issues and ppl that accept it, I wouldn't. I had a friend that had blown speakers in his new unit, his answer was to not use the stereo....that is not acceptable in my opinion. If the dealer has not looked and prepped/cleaned all compartments I don't know that I would want to buy something from them. I prefer to buy from someone that cares about how they present the trailers as well and are concerned about their reputation. If you buy form a dealer like that, they have taken care of all the issues before you buy it. What I am trying to say is if you buy from a dealer that allows it on the show room floor with sawdust in the compartments, doors that are not alligned properly etc. you will have issues because they have not checked everything out.
slabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:58 AM   #30

What got my attention was there was no heat in the back bedroom so I started looking around. I took the luvers off under the refrigerator and found were they used the tinfoil to hold the bottom of the furnace in place that's when I found all the hoses rip open also it was real hot under the cabinets
Old 01-04-2015, 09:11 AM   #31

Bedroom ceiling vents have less warm air but I figure it wouldn't have same as more centrally located vents
thecampingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:02 AM   #32

I'll be following the PDI in the JOF and plan to be very thorough. However, in that PDI there was no mention of removing panels as a normal step of the PDI.

So, I'll pay close attention to the air flow at all of the registers when checking the furnace. And I'll be sure my screwdriver is not far away.

Thanks.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:55 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
I'll be following the PDI in the JOF and plan to be very thorough. However, in that PDI there was no mention of removing panels as a normal step of the PDI.

So, I'll pay close attention to the air flow at all of the registers when checking the furnace. And I'll be sure my screwdriver is not far away.

Thanks.
This is no time to be trusted friends with the dealer. The only thing he wants today is your money then he'll fix those " little things" when you have an appointment. Either before PDI or after OR BOTH, do your inspection ,now this is on your time not theirs so they shouldn't object. You'll need your screwdriver, flash light, and your camera phone to peek around those corners inside the cabinets, inside access panel at shower base and every access panel that has screws. You'll be surprised at all the hidden spaces you can't see from the standing up position.
Visit your dealer and check out a few trailers almost like yours and do a practice inspection. You are going to learn so much ahead of time for your real one.
Make sure your sinks are caulked properly all the way around and you make sure all water connections are tight.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 03:15 PM   #34

In addition to your normal tools, you'll also want a square bit driver to remove some panels.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 03:20 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Roamer View Post
In addition to your normal tools, you'll also want a square bit driver to remove some panels.
Also known as the Robertson drive.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:01 PM   #36

I own a Jayco Blackhawk 21DSRB. My air duct to the bathroom was broken and pinched from mfg. As well as all the supply water lines to faucets, indoor and outdoor showers leaked water all over coach. The shower drain and sink drain leaked. The slide is digging into the ceiling. All in the first outing. Fast forward to 6 month. Old. Slide delamination. Had to be completely rebuilt. Water leak under trailer causing insulation under trailer to fall. Shower door won't close and is hanging up at the bottom. Shower glass enclosure coming away from wall pulling wallpaper along with it. Water leak in wall behind outdoor shower came back. Grey water drain valve leaking. Cabinet door under dinette came off due to screws not even into wood. Fender is falling off due to not being screwed in properly. Now a year old. The paint is almost worn off just the front. You can see fiberglass fibers coming thru. The rest of the trailer looks great. The water heater is leaking. The passenger rear tire is almost worn off and the rest look new. Took out to an alignment shop and they said it's obvious the rear axle it's out of alignment. The rebuilt slide is hanging up when being pulled in. The repaired shower door is not closing again. The glass shower wall is pulling away from the wall again. The batteries are shot and we're always kept on a charger (fully aware they don't supply quality batteries). Most of these items were addressed and fixed by the dealership either to some satisfaction or some repairs as I mentioned need to be taken back for repair. This trailer had spent way too much time in for punch list of repairs. My wife and I bought this trailer as a wedding gift to our selfs in 2013. A lot of money to us and has been such a disappointment for us. We tried to take our honeymoon along the coast in it and had to come home early. I hope Jayco realizes that this is a big purchase for some people. I truely feel victimized by this transaction.
Trinity Alps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 12:51 PM   #37

Ok here is an up date on my trailer just talk to the dealer. Seeing i did all the work to repair my trailer they are sending me a check for 425.00 for parts and labor they pay me 3 hours labor and all the parts i had to buy they are a first class dealer
Old 01-07-2015, 02:10 PM   #38

It's obvious my comments got lost in the obis. When I saw the pics, I thought it was my 2014 Jayco 27.5 BHS. I'm going to borrow my friends boroscope to check the dealer repair. They missed sealing the rear window, the whole rear wall was replaced (dealer did a nice job). The stairs were reattached so we didn't feel like we were going to fall forward. By the way the furnace supply gas supply hose was kinked closed from the factory (we picked it up 10/2013 and froze the 1st night).
DJsFolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:36 PM   #39

Man you think someone would check this stuff as they are working on them it's not hard to see these problems when they are building these trailers
Old 01-07-2015, 05:53 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by striper44 View Post
Man you think someone would check this stuff as they are working on them it's not hard to see these problems when they are building these trailers
They just don't care!
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote