Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-08-2016, 04:30 PM   #1

Before the season gets going be aware and conscious of your rigs mechanical condition

I over my many years of traveling and camping have had multiple occasions where blowouts and other problems put a damper on things but as a reminder to check the condition of your tires for your family sake and peace of mind this video is a stark reminder of how quickly things can go wrong. The couple was older and walked away with no serious injurys but I can only imagine the thought of getting behind the wheel after that would be terrifying and if others had been hanging around not buckled in it could have been much worse rv blowouts - Bing video
Old 04-08-2016, 04:42 PM   #2

It's a good reminder to always be on your A game. Perhaps watching this Michelin video would have prevented the accident. How To Handle An Rv Tire Blowout | Michelin RV Tires

Also, it's my understanding this guy was going way too fast for conditions, i.e. "a large RV towing".
Old 04-08-2016, 04:47 PM   #3

Nothing like experiencing a blowout on the front to learn but that wasn't a good reaction. I was driving on 6 lane in west Virginia in a 32 ft gulfstream going 70 and talking on the cb when my right front tire blew. I never left the lane I was in and slowly worked my way to the shoulder of the road. I did drop the cb mic though. The most important thing is not to make any quick jerks of the wheel when it happens and overcorrecting