Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #1

Black tank leaking 2013 Eagle 324; slow getting help

Ordered a 2013 Eagle 324 and was delivered just before spring. Took out on first weeklong vacation in July and found out when black tank becomes near full it leaks. Although once we realized it was leaking it had already filled the underbelly and saturated all the insulation underneath. Ugly cleanup job with about 20gals or so of sewage. Unfortunately this is becoming a long process with Jayco. First week at dealer was spent getting Jayco to give approval to drop tank and diagnosis further. Waited a second week for Jayco to come back and authorize replacement after inspection. Now they tell me at least 3 weeks for the tank to come in. Jayco says it will be sent to them from there vendor then to the dealer? Why not direct ship to dealer is beyond me. Everytime I call Jayco I get someone different with a different answer on why they can't help or different piece of info they need to help? They say the tank has to be made first? They can't answer me if it could be direct shipped to the dealer versus to them first. I can't even get an answer about paying myself to overnight shipping just to save a couple days. Not impressed so far. This is my 3rd trailer, both prior were KZ models. I realize problems can arise but KZ was much more efficient and on the ball. So looks like I will be out of my camper for the entire summer now before everything is put back together. Funny thing is, I had to end my vacation early, clean this mess up myself, removing underbelly, insulation, and then cleaning the underside. Paid for emergency RV service to come out to make sure there wasn't a way to fix or prevent further damage since we were out North just below Canada some 680 miles from home. After all this and explaining to Jayco, of also losing out on other planned camping trips; I haven't gotten any type of sympathy, apology, or offer of any compensation whatsoever from Jayco? I quess I figured I would get some sort of sorry for your inconvience, possible we could reimburse you for the rv emergency service and cleaning somehow? Even just a sorry about a new camper you only got to use for a vacation that was cut short and can't use rest of summer; we'll try to expedite your tank and approvals for repairs as quickly as possible for all the inconvience. Nothing, NADA! I thought customer service could be turned up a little bit for such a major issue, especially from the positive things I had heard prior to going with Jayco. Maybe they have changed, or I was just expecting to much. Sorry for the Rant.
rdrector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #2

You should get reimbursement for the cleanup. I am sure someone here can get the name of the right person at Jayco for you. Who you talk to can make a lot of difference.

Most tanks are model specific and the factory doesn't stockpile tanks ahead of time. Most components arrive just before a trailer is assembled. They most likely want to save on freight by having it shipped to the factory first. That way they can ship it in the delivery mans truck when he makes his next run to your dealer.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Don't hold your breathe, I've found the new Jayco very different then the Jayco I knew 8 years ago when I bought one of their products. IMHO, this Jayco is barely on par with Keystone and Forest River. At least on my FR they would respond quick and drop ship parts to me... Jayco wants it to sit on a dealers repair lot 3 weeks for a light bulb.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote