Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #1

Cut Window Trim & Missing Speakers

Yesterday we went to look at a new camper we ordered, a Jay Flight 32TSBH, and I noticed two things that seemed odd.
First was that the camper was missing two inside speakers. The standard audio package comes with 4-inside speakers and 2-outside speakers. The audio panel has 3-buttons that allow you to send music to speakers "A", "B", and "C". "A" was for the two speakers in the living room and "C" was for the two outside speakers. But the "B" speakers were missing. There weren't any holes or visible cutouts for the "B" speakers so it would seem that the audio checker at the factory had missed something. Hopefully the camper was wired for the "B" speakers so the dealer can install them.
The second item was that the aluminum trim on the outside windows was cut on one side and then butt joined or "glued" together. I noticed it on one of the front bedroom windows because they didn't do a very good job of gluing it together so it has a visible distortion. Then I noticed the same butt join for the kitchen window but it was much nicer with almost no visible "cut". Is it normal for the exterior trim to be cut and then butt joined?
lifercars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifercars View Post
The second item was that the aluminum trim on the outside windows was cut on one side and then butt joined or "glued" together.
For each of the windows on my Jayco Superlite Fifth Wheel, the window flange - the outside part that is flat against the outside of the fiver - has a joint in it at the bottom of the window. Is that what you are seeing?

It would probably help if you would you post a picture of the window trim join that you're concerned about.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #3

Thanks RVhiker, yep, that sounds exactly like what I saw except your splits are along the bottom while the ones on the camper we looked at were on the side. We haven't purchased the camper yet but if that's the norm then I'll just inquire about the missing speakers.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifercars View Post
snip...... We haven't purchased the camper yet but if that's the norm then I'll just inquire about the missing speakers.
One would think that the window trim would be better served with the butt joint at the bottom to minimize moisture from getting in, but I guess if sealed properly it should be ok.

Since you are still in the "inspection" phase, have the dealer provide you a sturdy means of looking the roof area over (check vent/skylight/pipe caulking, EPDM roofing material for any irregularities, etc.).

Not sure if the TT you were inspecting is the one you are considering to purchase ("haven't purchased the camper"), because you also mentioned that you "ordered" a TT.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #5

Our 2012 23B has the Jensen stereo with the 3 speaker buttons. We have only 2 inside and 2 outside speakers. "A"and"B"switches,"C" has no connections.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #6

Joints on window flange, side vs bottom

[QUOTE=Rustic Eagle] Not sure if the TT you were inspecting is the one you are considering to purchase.

Yep, it is. We put a $500 deposit so they could order the camper from another location about 200 miles away. We went to look at it this past Saturday but haven't done the walk through yet. They are going to install a ladder so I'll have a way of getting up to the roof. I also wondered about the orientation of the joints and whether it would be better along the bottom rather than the side. I'll have to look at a few to see how it is normally done.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #7

[QUOTE=RedHorse1] Our 2012 23B has the Jensen stereo with the 3 speaker buttons. We have only 2 inside and 2 outside speakers. "A"and"B"switches,"C" has no connections.

Yeah, I'm starting to think that our camper will only have two also. The Jayco website lists 4-inside speakers as standard (along with 2-exterior speakers). I submitted an inquiry to Jayco through their website so I'll see what they say. I also inquired to the dealer and they're checking on it.

I looked at a slew of other campers (same type) on-line yesterday and from I can tell they only have 2-inside speakers. They don't usually give direct views of the ceiling but from piecing them together I could only make out 2-speakers.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #8
Site Team

Mine also only has 2 speakers inside, even though the Radio has A and B switches. My biggest gripe is the FM reception on the Jensen radio is horrendous. It will only pick up the closest of stations.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #9

X2

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:12 AM   #10

My trailer only has the two inside speakers and the two outside speakers. I wish it had two more speakers inside so it would sound better. I've also noticed when I play the tv thru the inside speakers I get distortion. Is there a way to fix this?
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote