Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-21-2014, 02:27 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
First question, did you turn on the valve from the FW tank to the pump, and turn off the valve that goes in the jug when winterizing?
The valves should appear as in the image below.
My first time dewinterizing the trailer was last month. I made that very same mistake and it took me an hour to figure out what I did wrong. Now I know for next Spring but will probably forget by then.

Scott, DW, and Twin DS (5)

2013 Jayco Jay 1206
2005 Chevy Trailblazer
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:27 PM   #12
Can we go a little farther? The pump on my 2010 Super lIte will not draw from the holding tank. It seems to draw from a container through the winter line though. The connections seem to be ok and the valves are in the 12v water pump position. Anything else I can try. Its been a bad day. Froze/ruptured the hot water tank. $$$$$

Parkland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:28 PM   #13
I just bought this trailer last fall so I was not familiar with it. I doubt the 12v system has been used before. The hot water tank is removed. The tank valves are closed with the by-pass open.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:29 PM   #14
Site Team
Is there water in the fresh tank and no leaks?
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:15 PM   #15
Got it for now I think.

Just got back in after round 4. Yes I had water in the tank and no visible leaks. Maybe it wasnt enough. I went back out and kept filling the tank while the pump ran with a tap open. Eventually the pump primed and now seems ok. I dont know. I had the same problem with our old vanguard. Always had a devil of a time getting it to prime. Maybe the pump is weak or defective. But as I said this trailer was always on site in a trailer park on municipal water. Maybe I just dont have the touch. They tell me a new hot water tank will be $950. Ouch. I followed the instructions on 'Winterizing the Plumbing System' in the owners manual. No mention of draining the tank in that section. Figured this new high tech system would drain itself. Missed reading the 'Draining and Winterization' in a different section.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:25 PM   #16
Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
Drained out the pink stuff and closed the low point drains, dumped in the detergent and filled the fresh water tank. Next, I put in the WH drain plug and turned the three valves on the WH bypass to allow the solution into the water heater.
Since you don't drink the hot water and because it will be heated to 140 or higher before you use it, there is no need to sanitize water heater. When you winterized the water heater you drained all the water out of the water heater. So little if any water remained by spring.

Filling the water heater with detergent or pink stuff will take for ever to get out of the water heater since it will be mixed with and diluted by the incoming water but not cleanly flushed out.

2011 Skylark 21FKV
us71na is offline   Reply With Quote