Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-31-2014, 08:20 AM   #1

Delamination Problems

We bought a new 2011 31.5 RLTS Jayco Super Lite in march of 2012 we love the room it has in the living area and the 2 year warranty. We noticed that there was a little spot up front under the bedroom slide that it kind of looked like it was delaminating. So I took it to a Jayco dealer and I wanted some pics taken and sent it to the main Jayco Factory in Indiana were it was built and I wanted them to be put in a file just to be safe in case the warranty ran out and it got worse.Well it really didn't but we noticed a spot on the living room slide on the awning side a spot about the size of a softball that was bubbled up by this time the warr. was up and no pics. of this so I called the dealer and they ask if I could send them a pic and they would send them to Jayco.They got back with me the next day and said they will fix it anyway even thowe the warrt. was up, that was such a load off are minds. So its in the shop right now getting fixed they also said while its in there there going to replace the other whole side that they took pics of a year eairlyer . So that's are Christmas present this year, the best. So what I'm saying is Jayco took care of us and they will you to. And big thanks to Tom, service Manager, and the whole service department at Town&Country RV in Clyde OH.
Camperdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 09:06 AM   #2

A big "tip of the lid" to Jayco for stepping up on this issue. That's great news Camper, hope you're on the road soon.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:26 AM   #3

It's outstanding that Jayco stands behind their product like they do.

Adk Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:01 PM   #4

Jayco is a great company. I have had some issues on my trailers, not many. But I have been happy with what they have fixed. I think alot depends on the dealer you are working with as well.
slabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by slabat View Post
Jayco is a great company. I think alot depends on the dealer you are working with as well.
Definitely a combination of the two.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:31 PM   #6

I think your right on the dealer, we didn't even buy the camper there but there the closest Jayco dealer to us.Its a small dealer but they have the best service departments I'v ever been in.
Camperdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 09:56 PM   #7

Camper, care to mention your dealer? Good ones are worth their weight in "name your favorite precious metal".

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 05:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Definitely a combination of the two.
Agree 100%.

Old 01-02-2015, 07:05 AM   #9

There have been numerous threads about buying with the cheapest price and the dealer being secondary. I'm living proof that the dealer along with Jayco makes all the difference. We also have a 31.5 RLTS that had numerous problems. A cracked wall that required removing the slide and replacing a bent axle have been just a few of the issues. I have watched as the service rep. at the dealer worked with the service people at Jayco. There is definitely a chemistry between Jayco and some dealers. Our dealer is Gayle Kline in Mountville, Pa. I wouldn't consider buying anywhere else!!!
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 02:23 PM   #10

My 2014 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 BHS rear wall had the same problem - the window didn't have any sealant. My dealer took pictures, they replaced the whole rear end. Camping World Kingston is going the extra yard to repair/replace problems from the factory. By the way you should check all wall openings - refrigerator, water fittings, etc., etc., before you sign!
DJsFolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 02:32 PM   #11

Delamination Problems

I answered previously in quick reply. All literature recommends checking all outside openings for proper gaskets and sealant. All manufactures claim they use the most effective materials, of course they have be applied when the TT is built.
DJsFolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:16 PM   #12

I hope we did not screw up. We ordered a 2015 Jay Flight and specified fiberglass exterior. I always thought it was better than the aluminum. We have had a Jay Flight with aluminum for 9 years with no real issues. I do however notice that the aluminum bubbles out a little when towing like wind is getting under it in spots. I thought the fiberglass would be better sealed and easier to clean. Now I am reading all these posts about delamination and am worried I should have looked into this further.
Plaid, Mrs. Plaid, Kids Sage & Bear
plaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:00 PM   #13

What are we looking at? Is it moisture or temperature the cause? Aircraft Co are starting to use this type of manufacture and there is no issue. It must be how it's maintained and cared for.
Touch N Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:03 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid View Post
I hope we did not screw up. Now I am reading all these posts about delamination and am worried I should have looked into this further.
The issue with delamination has been around since the start with smooth sided trailers and it's not just with Jayco.Key Stone TT's like Sprinter and a few of their others are the worst.I will say that the technology has gotten better and Jayco has it down probably better than most but the problem still persists. Next time your camping walk the CG's and look for it on other trailers.