Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-01-2014, 01:09 PM   #1

frame less crank out windows problem

Hello everyone new to the Jayco family. We recently sold our 2004 keystone and switched to a 2014 Jayco 33bhbs .Already having some issues with our new TT. Two of the frame less window arms that open the window popped out of there tracks and can't seem to get them back in. Has this happened to anyone else. How can I go about getting them back in and prevent this problem from happening again. Already have to take the unit back for a warped outside kitchen hatch door. Do you think I need to get these windows replaced as well? Trailer is set up at camp and is 99.9% level without any added pressure put on stab jacks causing any added pressure to the frame. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
tkhollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:32 PM   #2

Are these your standard windows or emergency egress windows?

Oh, and welcome to the board!!

2014 White Hawk 30DSQB Summit Edition
2007 Ford Expedition EL 4X4 5.4L gas with 3.73 rear
Moosiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:47 PM   #3

These are not the emergency windows the whole unit has cranckouts besides the 3 emergency windows.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:33 PM   #4

I've not experienced your issue, so I'm sorry I don't have a good answer. However, have you removed your screens to gain access to the window arms? Mine seem easily accessible (and presumably an easy fix) with the screens out, although I don't know why they aren't staying in for you.

If you're already headed to the dealer, I'd have them take a look and take advantage of that 2-year warranty. And keep us posted on what transpires for us fellow frameless-window owners. Thanks!

2014 White Hawk 30DSQB Summit Edition
2007 Ford Expedition EL 4X4 5.4L gas with 3.73 rear
Moosiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:20 PM   #5

Haven't experienced your issue either. Did the arm pop out when the window was open or closed? No positive, but I think there's a stop to prevent them from opening too far, and it sounds like that may be missing.

Like Moosiedad I'm curious to know what you hear from the dealer 'just in case'
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:00 PM   #6

The arms popped out as I was opening them.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:19 PM   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to jamaddox
Mine popped out and then the window fell out as I was trying to fix it. Be very careful what you try. My dealer had to order me a whole new window. He said he was going to see. If jayco would warranty the work. He did not tell me how to fix it.
Equalizer WDH with 10k bars
jamaddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:39 PM   #8

Well looks like when I get back from our trip I will make sure I get 2 new windows as well.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:14 PM   #9

I have two windows that each have one of the arms popped out of the track. I can not figure out how to get them back in either. My unit is brand new, not sure if they came that way or they popped out the first time I opened the window. I called my dealer's service department and the service guy said bring it in and they will fix them. It is forty miles one way to the dealer, not a happy camper.
windymountaintop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:03 PM   #10

Just dropped mine off at the dealer today. They told me that they will have to get a hold of the window company tomorrow to see if there is any replacement parts available and if not they will have to contact jayco about getting the windows replaced. We have 2 windows with issues. My concern is the service manager said he can see these windows becoming an issue in the long run with the glide system that is being used. Kinda of concerning seeing as this is a brand new unit as well and we plan on keeping it for the long haul.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:15 PM   #11

The frameless windows is a new thing for Jayco. While they do look good, I wonder if this is going to be a re-curring issue with the new design.

Kinda glad I have the older style windows
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:23 PM   #12

I love the look just hopefully thus doesn't become a bugged issue.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:14 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by windymountaintop View Post
I have two windows that each have one of the arms popped out of the track. I can not figure out how to get them back in either. My unit is brand new, not sure if they came that way or they popped out the first time I opened the window. I called my dealer's service department and the service guy said bring it in and they will fix them. It is forty miles one way to the dealer, not a happy camper.

My drive was also a 40 mile trip so I feel your pain
Old 07-11-2014, 06:16 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkhollywood View Post
I love the look just hopefully thus doesn't become a bugged issue.

I like the look too. The interesting thing is that it is new. When we looked at the brochure they still had 2013 pictures in it with the low style windows. My wife said we may just not open our windows. Almost a shame but she has allergies so she needs filtered air a lot anyway
Old 07-11-2014, 07:56 AM   #15

I had the same issue on my eagle HT 27.5 rlts. there are two rivets that hold the window crank on the frame. After I removed the screen to prevent damaging it I drilled out the rivets, removed the crank assembly, slid the arm rollers back in the track and riveted the crank back in. Sofar I have had no more problem and I just make sure I don't over tighten the windows when I close them.

jco83
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT
with max trailer package (NHT)

2014 Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
jco83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:41 AM   #16

Ours popped out as my wife tried to open the windows.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:45 PM   #17

When I was first looking for a fix I was thinking the rivets were screws and I could easily unscrew the crank and get the arm back in the track. After getting my screw driver and glasses I discovered they were rivets, what a poor design. I will have to find my pop riveter and probably have to paint some white rivets black or see if I can find some black ones. Not having to haul my camper back to the dealer will save me about $30 in diesel.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #18

Picked the camper up today from dealer. Took them 2 days was told they had to straighten out the arms on the 2 windows and replace the rollers on them. Also they told me to wipe some silicon lube on all the window seals to help prevent them from sticking, they believe this might be the cause of the glide wheels popping out of the track. The windows are sticking to the seals which is causing the glide wheels to pop out of the track.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:27 AM   #19

Good info on putting lube on the seals. When I open my windows I can feel the resistance until the glass unsticks itself from the seals. I drilled out my rivets on the crank mechanism yesterday so I could get the roller back in the track. I used a black sharpie to color the new rivet heads to match the window frame. I will now carry my riveter, drill and correct size bit with me so I can fix any future mishaps on the road if they occur. By the way 3/16 worked best to drill the rivets out and I used a 3/16 diameter rivet to put back in.
Thanks everyone for all the good info
Old 07-13-2014, 05:38 AM   #20

I've got the same windows on my new trailer. I think there is a little re-training of the brain on opening these windows that has to happen. I have instructed all in my family to "turn the knob until resistance is then gently turn to increase pressure until the window releases from the seal". I can easily see the mechanism (which seems a bit flimsy) bending or deforming if to much pressure is applied to soon.

2015 Starcraft Travel Star 299BHU Black Pearl Edition
2011 Jayco X23J (traded in)
2013 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew 6.2 Max Tow
7700 GVWR 3.73 E-locker
tslarson is offline   Reply With Quote