Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-31-2014, 05:35 PM   #11
Actually, they are carriage bolts with a head resting on top of floor, going down thru floor, and a hole in end of each outrigger, down the length of both frame beams. They are tightened with a lock washer and nut. Looks like a steel 9/16 threaded bolt. Seem small for such a important role.

arkhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:52 PM   #12
Originally Posted by arkhillbilly View Post
snip... concerning loose lag bolts after each trip and bottom board pulling loose from front frame, even after going to a larger screw and installing a 2 inch flat washer under each screw...snip
I'm sorry, I was referring to the statement in your original post the mentioned lag bolts and based my reply on that information. As you stated later, the fasteners are in fact carriage bolts which have 60 degree Unified screw threads and hex nuts. Chemical threadlockers (Loctite) will work at the interface region between the threads of the bolt and nut.

2006 23B Hybrid with 10k round bar WDH
2011 F150 4x4 SCREW Ecoboost, Max Tow, Integrated TBC, 3.73 LS axle, Firestone Ride Rite airbags.
mcfarmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:25 AM   #13
Loose bolts

I have noticed my same bolts are loose or really loose on my 2014 19rd. May have been loose from the factory, tightened them tonight and will see how the hold up. Gonna try the loctite if they loosen back up.

Cheddy is offline   Reply With Quote