Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-12-2017, 11:44 AM   #1

Fridge wont work on propane with slide closed.

When i close the slide the fridge will not work on propane. I think the line must be getting krinked. Has any one else had this issue, i dont really see any other way of rerouting it that it would not get in the way! I have a 2016 jayco 29bhds.
shawnmccarthy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnmccarthy87 View Post
When i close the slide the fridge will not work on propane. I think the line must be getting krinked. Has any one else had this issue, i dont really see any other way of rerouting it that it would not get in the way! I have a 2016 jayco 29bhds.
That would be my guess if the fridge is on a kitchen slide. if this is the case, you should be able to open the slide about 1/2 way and then look under the slide from the inside of the TT. I found that the bundle of electric lines and the propane line came up thru the TT floor and had extra length to allow the kitchen appliance cords to extend when the slide was opened. I know its hard to imagine but Jayco did a sloppy job during the install and the lines were not bundled very well and there were a lot of loose wires. I was able to squirm close enough to put on a few wire ties to clean up what could have become a rats nest.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:38 AM   #3

My 33rbts has a metal arm that the propane hose and some wiring runs through.It bends in half when the slide is closed.My hose was too tight and was kinking at the elbow when the slide closed.I had to cut the zip ties and pull some more hose into the bracket .It had been working fune ever since.
Jackandcassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 06:51 PM   #4

I will try to get some more slack in it, sounds exactly what mine is doing bend in half at the arm and the propane is not flowing through! thanks hope this will work
shawnmccarthy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 03:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnmccarthy87 View Post
Do not know if this is your problem but I was crawling around under my slide out the other day and I noticed that the propane hose had quite a kink in the hose where they have it tied to the arm that keeps it out of way. I pulled more of the slack to the short side and seemed to let the hose relax a little.
Brucesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:53 AM   #6

And this is why I would never have a fridge on a slide. I don't need a gas line constantly having a bend put in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucesr View Post
Do not know if this is your problem but I was crawling around under my slide out the other day and I noticed that the propane hose had quite a kink in the hose where they have it tied to the arm that keeps it out of way. I pulled more of the slack to the short side and seemed to let the hose relax a little.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote