Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-30-2014, 12:59 AM   #1

furnace fan does not shut off

I have a 2006 Jayco Jayflight 28 foot B.H. model. The furnace kicks in and out, but the furnace fan will not shut off. I have to pull the fuse to get fan to shut off. Looking to repair myself, and wondering if anyone has come across this problem, and what was required to fix this issue. thank you in advance for any ideas of where to start.
asarafinchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:40 AM   #2

After the flame is shut off it take about 2 - 5 minutes for the fan to shut off. That is to remove as much heat as possible from the unit. Could this be your case?

If it is running past 5 minutes it is probably the electronic control board in the furnace.

EDUCATION is what you get when you read the fine print.....
EXPERIENCE is what you get when you don't.
tnchuck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:38 AM   #3
Lost in the Woods

believe it should be your fan relay. Should be a common part to find. You must still have your manuals for your trailer. The part number should be in there
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:56 AM   #4

Don't know for sure.. but usually the furnace has a temp switch in the duct just above the fire box. Once this switch warms up enough it will turn on your fan and when it cools off it turns off the fan. This switch may switch a relay and then the relay will actually turn the fan on and the temp switch operates the relay. So it could be either part. Sometimes there is no temp switch and uses a circuit board with a timer in it. Fyi haven't had to work on one yet. Take a pic of the wiring diagram of the furnace I'll be able to point you in the right direction. Or if I get chance today I'll take a peek at mine and get back to you
05 f150 5.4 v8 (sold)
nwminnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:33 AM   #5
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwminnesota View Post
Don't know for sure.. but usually the furnace has a temp switch in the duct just above the fire box. Once this switch warms up enough it will turn on your fan and when it cools off it turns off the fan. This switch may switch a relay and then the relay will actually turn the fan on and the temp switch operates the relay. So it could be either part. Sometimes there is no temp switch and uses a circuit board with a timer in it. Fyi haven't had to work on one yet. Take a pic of the wiring diagram of the furnace I'll be able to point you in the right direction. Or if I get chance today I'll take a peek at mine and get back to you

that is the sail switch. It tells the furnace to ignite once it has positive air flow. That's why you will hear a delay before the burner kicks in. The air flow switches the sail switch and tells burner to ignite. The fan control is in the relay
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:28 AM   #6

Ok I looked at mine. It's an atwood 7920. Looks like the dsi control controls the fan. Its all done off of time. The hight limit must be closed the sail switch must be made before it ignites and then once the tstat is meet the fan will time off. So on mine it would be the dsi control that would be causing your issue. Don't know your model maybe different.
05 f150 5.4 v8 (sold)
nwminnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:39 PM   #7

Mine did the same thing until i realized i had knocked the switch off of Auto..

2014 Jayco Eagle 30.5 RLS | Curt 20K sliding Hitch | Champion 3100 Inverter Generator | 2012 Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins CC Laramie Longhorn
Calgary5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:28 PM   #8

Thank you all very much for your feedback and ideas. I am off next week and will attempt to make repairs to the furnace fan. Will make sure to post how everything went and what issues were the cause of malfunctioning fan.

Allen
asarafinchan is offline   Reply With Quote