Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-13-2014, 08:32 PM   #1

Gutter leak fix??

Trailer: 2014 Jay Flight 22FB
I noticed a bit of discoloration above the sofa about 2 ft up and about 3" dia. I felt it and it felt damp. I opened the cabinet above the sofa and about 4-5 inches from the top of the cabinet wall was a 5 or 6" discoloration and like the other one it felt damp. This was a couple of days after a very heavy rain so I am assuming it came from a leak somewhere above. I got upon the roof and everything looked okay inline with the leak on the roof itself. I did notice that along the gutter there is a fine line where the gutter is attached to the side of the trailer. There is no sealer over this line and was wondering since the water was coming down so hard that maybe it possibly leaked in that fine line spot.

Question: Has anyone else had this problem? What type of sealer should I use along this line? AND, I keep my trailer level in my driveway, since I don't have anything running, should I keep my trailer level or actually keep the back of the trailer lower so the water would run off faster and possibly not build up in any spot in the gutter?
2018 Jayco White Hawk 29BH
Fishnmagician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:10 PM   #2

Mmmmm isn't still under warranty?
peobey is offline   Reply With Quote