Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-22-2014, 09:40 AM   #1

Hard to find water leak 30.5 BHLT, and resolution

Hello; This message is to hopefully help any other Jayco owner that discovers a water leak under the camper, but above the underbelly lining.

We had just taken delivery on a brand new 2014 30.5 BHLT and discovered water on the driveway. To make a very long story short, on this model, there are actually two fresh water tanks that are tied together with a hose. At the factory, the stainless steel hose clamp that held on to one of the two tank fittings was tightened too much. This caused a dimple in the hose where it met the tank fitting. When there was any water in the fresh tank, it dripped out from this location as was trapped above the underbelly. When enough water collected, it finally flowed to a low spot and dripped out from the underbelly.

Needless to say, this was frustrating to find and fix (the dealer had to drop the entire underbelly two times to locate this obscure problem). They replaced the hose, and now, so far so good.

We love the camper, and again, the purpose of this message is to help you out if you have a similar problem. Thanks for reading. Robert
Camper27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:01 AM   #2

We had the exact same problem with ours.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 08:04 AM   #3

Here is a follow up on the water leak trouble on our 2014 30.5BHLT.

After 2 trips to the dealer, it still leaked. A lot.
So, I dropped the underbelly myself and began to troubleshoot the problem.

As I mentioned, there are 2 fresh water tanks that are tied together with a 1 1/4" diameter hose. The hose that Jayco used to tie the tanks together is very cheap hose designed to be used with vacuum systems and is extremely thin wall. (This is the hose on the left in the picture). It was impossible to get the hose clamps to secure the hose to the tank's barb fittings without leaking.
The fix is to replace the hose with a real water hose. (Shown on the right).

The 3rd picture shows the new hose on the tank fitting. (I put pipe insulation on another water line and some wires near the new hose so that the stainless steel hose clamps wouldn't dig into them).

This has been tremendously frustrating to deal with, as Jayco should have used the correct hose in the first place. I am guessing Jayco "saved" $5 by using the cheap hose. After 2 warranty trips to the dealer, (and my frustration), I hope they got their money's worth.
Attached Thumbnails
Hose 1.jpg   Hose 2.jpg   Hose 3.jpg  
Old 06-21-2015, 11:32 AM   #4

In your third picture, it appears that the hose, (and tank fitting) that ties the two tanks together is at the top of the tanks. Is that correct?

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 12:31 PM   #5

Hello Skip;

No, the hose is at the bottom of both tanks. The picture was shot from underneath the camper, looking up through the removed underbelly, into the bottom of the tank.

Robert