Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-24-2016, 01:35 PM   #1

Question HELP!! Furnace and Fridge not working

1995 JAYCO J Series 1207

We finally took our NTU PUP out and discovered that the fridge does not work and the furnace does not work. I have a copy of the owners manual but it is pretty much worthless as far as instructions on the fridge and furnace.

Is there anything I need to do to get the thing working? I tried flipping the switch on the converter and moving the thermostat on and off but got nothing for the furnace. There is gas, the stove works great. And the battery runs the lights perfectly so I know there is power.

Are there any switches or something I need to turn on or off for the fridge??

How do I get these things working??
EvilUncleEarnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 01:59 PM   #2

Yours probably has the 3-way fridge. You have to open the panel outside behind the fridge and select your power source. The switch is 4-way; off, 12VDC, 110VAC, LPG. Note that for LPG, your model probably requires manual lighting of the pilot as well.

First thought on the furnace is to make sure you are hitting the on switch first. There is probably a little lever behind the temperature control slide that has to be switched on. And it may be hard to move (it has been in both our trailers). If on and calling for heat (stat turned up), does the furnace even attempt to start? It generally does about a half minute purge (fan only) before the burner fires. If it is not even getting that far, then I would probably go for service, unless you are very handy. Furnaces scare me a bit because the combustion by-products can kill you; prefer to leave that to a pro (ETA - the furnace repair, not the killing ).
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 03:37 PM   #3

Cool

Ah...OK... Wish they had put that in the owners manual. I started looking at Youtube videos and saw some of the fridges have switches and that was why I asked the question.

As for the heater, the manual says there are two types of furnace and I tried both ways of turning them on and got nothing. I did the little switch (You are right it is hard to move) on the bottom of the thermostat and moved the temp control back and forth and let it set and moved it around some more and etc. etc. etc.

I guess I will have to have it looked at...

Anyway thanks for the info on the fridge. I would have never thought about taking the outside panel off.

I went out and opened the panel and saw the switches. The electrical part should be no problem but I am not sure about the gas part. In looking at the thing, someone apparently did some work in there, I saw a wire with a yellow wing nut on it, and the little lighter and gas pipe (crack pipe or so I have heard it called) is up in the air, connected to nothing and leaning on the coils of the fridge. Not sure it is supposed to be that way... So I am going to take it in and have Camping World look at it...

Thanks again though...
EvilUncleEarnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 05:55 PM   #4

If you hunt around the fridge you will find a model/serial tag. That will tell you who made it. Google the model number and download the manual. You can do the same for the furnace and can do a little troubleshooting if you have a multimeter. It may be something simple and could save you a bundle at $100/hr.

Good luck and happy camping
Andersen Hitch.
'07 Northern Lite 10-2RR Camper.
SuperSprings.
Northern Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:58 PM   #5

Did you check your fuses? We still had the little light lit up even when our fuse was blown.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Previous TV: 2004 Ford Exedition w/ heavy duty tow package[/COLOR]
Country_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote