Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-17-2016, 06:39 AM   #1

Help to ID the year of my 1006

Hello and thank you!
I picked up a 1006 last night, FREE with a bill of sale and a supposed VIN on the trailer tongue...that I am unsure of at best, skeptical its the VIN.
Any help to locate or decipher the tongue numbers I have will be greatly appreciated!
The numbers on the tongue are as follows... 2 9 6 then below those three numbers it reads... P1BMOO85. They are either dbl O's or dbl zeros.?.?

Thank you
-Miller
If I was at all computer literate I would be able to post pics...sadly it will take me a while to surely figure it out
Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:27 AM   #2

If it's stamped into the tounge it's probably legit. Contact JAYCO and they should tell you.
Old 01-17-2016, 07:55 AM   #3

Thank you! That's my gut feeling but the overnight doubt crept in LOL!
I will try Jayco, thanks again
-Miller
Old 01-17-2016, 10:49 AM   #4

This might help if you know the VIN NUMBER

How can you tell year of trailer

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:55 AM   #5

Thank you Roy! Yes I did just find the VIN in full on an ID stamped metal tag under the trailer above and beyond the axle on the driver side.
This forums members have been great and the information came fast and directly helpful.
Thanks again Roy! I quote The Duke and that exact quote to my family and friends all the time...Lets get going! We're "Burning daylight". Excellent!!!
Old 01-17-2016, 12:41 PM   #6

A lot of time the Vin number is printed on an aluminum plate and the print wears off. Good chance there are a few more Vin numbers hidding. Crawl under the unit and look around. I found one on mine, in the rear right corner. I had to be directly under it looking up to see it. If you have any stickers inside like on a cargo hold door, kitchen cabinet door, maybe the actual door, you might find it. I have found the Vin in 4 locations on my htt. Snoop around, you should be able to find one.

All else fails, if you can ballpark the year, call Jayco up and ask where you could locate a Vin number. It may take a bit of effort for them without a year.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:52 PM   #7

Thank you! You know it took me all day of scouring old threads and the belp of other members here...but just a bit ago I came across the exact info you gave me and there it was!!!

Thank you!!!

Thanks to all!!

Now who wants to get it thru CT DMV for me? LOL!!!
Old 01-17-2016, 02:02 PM   #8

So exactly where did you find it? This question comes up once or twice a year for PUs?

MN dmv is really easy. Without a title, you might need to get a court issued one. I have one for my model T. Did have to secure a 50 dollar bond, and the proper owner (if stolen) had the right to claim it for three years. Something this new should be tracked very easily. Good luck

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 02:15 PM   #9

Miller - I got to spend some time with "The Duke" in my Arizona days in the late 60s. I was working near the town of Maricopa AZ not to far from his Bull Ranch... Actually sit and drink coffee next to him a couple of times at the local "Headquarters Cafe" in Maricopa. Can't beat that haha...

Glad you found the YEAR of your setup...

My upcoming OFF-ROAD camping is probably going get delayed again this upcoming season since I am in desperate need for new batteries and also want to add solar panels to my POPUP trailer roof too this time around...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 03:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
So exactly where did you find it? This question comes up once or twice a year for PUs?

MN dmv is really easy. Without a title, you might need to get a court issued one. I have one for my model T. Did have to secure a 50 dollar bond, and the proper owner (if stolen) had the right to claim it for three years. Something this new should be tracked very easily. Good luck
Hello JaGiven,
The full VIN is on a stamped tin plate screwed in under the trailer, up and over the axle on the driver side. I found another full VIN on a stamped tin plate on the underside back wall of the refer/stove top/sink cabinet area.

The partial VIN on the trailer tongue omits what seems to be the Jayco "general for all" maker Mark and possibly style, weight or length classes.

Thank you and thanks to all that directly or indirectly helped in this quest, on a project that has already become all consuming and a probable divorce catalyst LOL!!! Seriously.

Thank You!
Old 01-17-2016, 03:36 PM   #11

Roy that is the best and something that is yours and no one can take away! Man you can't ask for better!!
I have inherited my love for The Duke from my dad and already have my 6 year old son recognizing him as the cowboy to be measured to LOL!

Thanks and I look forward to camping in the spring!!!

"I'm not gonna hit ya. The hell I'm not!"
Old 01-31-2016, 04:28 PM   #12

VIN on my Jayco 1006, 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller View Post
The full VIN is on a stamped tin plate screwed in under the trailer, up and over the axle on the driver side just opposite this axle rating stamp. I found another full VIN on a stamped tin plate on the underside back wall of the refer/stove top/sink cabinet area.

The partial VIN on the trailer tongue omits what seems to be the Jayco "general for all" maker Mark and possibly style, weight or length classes.

Thank You!