Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-13-2015, 02:16 PM   #1

Here we go again

our Schwintek slide on our trailer is once again in need of repair. This is the third time now our side has stopped working. Two years ago the slide mechanism was totally replaced under warranty. Now that it's not under warranty I am going to try and fix it myself. It appears that it's always the same end of the slide that always has trouble. Unfortunately the dealer stripped more than half the screws that hold the outside flange to the face of the trailer so I'm not looking forward to starting this. The last time the slide was put in I heard something break just at the end of its travel. I noticed the motor housing had separated a little in the middle and the snap I heard was the screw holding the motor in break. I've tried to fix this without taking it all apart but am not able to seat the motor into its slot correctly. I read on the troubleshooting page the flange or wall needs to be moved slightly to turn the slotted "D" into the correct position. Have any of you
had this problem before? Fortunately there is a lot more info on web for fixing these than there used to be when we first got the trailer.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:26 PM   #2

Hopefully this is of some help!

I had trouble with my Pinnacle's Schwintek entertainment center slide. To get to the motor and determine what the problem was I removed all of the outer slide flange screws. If the slide is already in (or else you need to push it in enough) you need to remove the 4 (in my case) inside flange screws. With a partner on the outside and you inside have a tug of war to separate the inner and outer slide parts. This will allow you to access the motor and its locking screw from outside on top of the slide. You should then be able to remove the screw, unplug the motor, and work on the issue.

I found that my slide problem resulted from the blue lead wire on the slide motor rubbing off its insulation causing it to short out which created intermittent movement. This was obviously an initial installation error!!

Good luck with getting this solved. I had to work on mine while on the road to Alaska in May!!

'06 2500 Silverado 4X4, Duramax LBZ Diesel, Firestone air bags
'08 Tracker Pro Guide V-16 Boat
'12 Pinnacle 31RLTS
taviking22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:56 PM   #3

Thanks for your help , I appreciate it. We were just to leave for two weeks for a holiday in the Leavenworth area when my wife went to put the slide in and I remembered hearing a pop sound. I was able to get the slide in than I " travel- locked" it and went for the holiday. I manually opened and closed the side that didn't work. I know that the controller will show a code for short to ground and other things that can go wrong with the unit. Because I knew what the problem was I didn't check the controller right away. They placed our controller in the worst area possible. I actually have to use a mirror to almost see it. It rained here earlier today which it hasn't done for two months so I've decided to start the tear apart tomorrow.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote