Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-14-2014, 03:56 PM   #1

Jayco 264 BH Travel Trailer Heater Issues

Hello all. I am new to this forum and I hope someone could help. Have 264 BH travel trailer and has not given me any issues until I turned the heater on this past weekend. Heater did not work second night of camper and fan motor was just blowing cold air. Had to pull the fuse to get the fan to shut down. Went today to put the fuse in after putting fresh battery on front and two fresh full propane tanks on. Also checked the air intake and nothing was obstructing. Put back in 15 amp fuse under fridge and the light next to the fuse remains on as if there is no fuse in there. Checked the fuse it is not broken. Tried another and nothing. I cannot get 12v power to get the fan to work again. Is there an inline fuse on the furnace itself? Any suggestions what to check?
cocokay43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 04:52 PM   #2

I'm going to give the ol' shotgun approach here.. Make sure that you bleed the air out of the propane lines.. Turn your stove on until it lights to be sure. You might not have had any gas to your heater after changing the tanks out. Also make sure and turn your thermostat off before replacing the fuse. Once that is all taken care of replace the fuse, turn the thermostat back on and hopefully it is working again..

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.
Tex1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:05 PM   #3

Hope by now you solved your situation. My 2014 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 BHS had a kinked gas hose, sure gets cold in October. Dealer did onsite repair.
DJsFolly is offline   Reply With Quote