Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #1

Thumbs down Jayco Quality questionable (second owner and rv is four years old at posting)

My Jayco is a 17C with options. we bought is from my wife uncle after he had owned it for only 6 months. He had a hard time lifting the bunkends back up. Now since I am technically the second owner that should not excuse Jayco from quality issues with their manufacturing. my wife's uncle only used the front bunk and not the rear. When we went to use the camper and I opened the rear bunk the canvas was not centered and off by a whole 1" on one side. when I reported this to Jayco they said to contact the dealership. The dealer ship Ray's marina said since I am the second owner I would have to pay for the repair. Jayco would not stand behind their quality of the install of the bunkend canvas. I told Ray's marina that it is not a repair but a quality issue since it was installed incorrectly from the Jayco factory. No the would not fix it under warranty even though the camper was less than a year old.
so I had to fix the canvas and lucky I did. Since the canvas was not installed correctly the side with the extra length would leak because it would pinch in the bunkend door. I had to remove the top of the bunk that was inside the camper, (can't call it wood since its just a wood sticker on sawdust). Yes there was waster damage under this panel. Also it explained why the rear of the camper was always cold. the heat duct was completely crushed, the sewerhose storage pipe was not secured and bounced around, and screws that held nothing. I then checked the front bunkend and the part of the front bunk that is inside the camper I removed this panel. What I found just made me even more made. Fiberglass batten just thrown in the void. Garbage from the knuckled head on the assembly line and a screw that poked a hole to the outside. Now since I am the 2nd owner of then a 6month old camper I was not entitled to have these covered my the factory warranty. I asked Jayco why the did not put inspection holes into these areas the look for water leaks or damage. Crickets where louder than their lack of a response. The list grew with water lines not installed correctly and a furnace circuit board faulty. All these I had to fix. No credit to Jayco and the dealership Ray's Marina. I cannot give them a good report since all my issues where manufacturing assembly issues and not faulty parts from suppliers. New or used look look look and smell. These are your best tools.
midnightsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #2

Should have had the uncle take it in...
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #3

Very few warranties are transferable. Sounds like the dealer wasn't very knowledgeable or caring either. Sorry for your bad luck.
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #4

When your wife's uncle bought the trailer he paid, as part of the delivered price, for the dealer to COMPLETELY inspect the unit and make those type of corrections. They should also have gone everthing with your wife's uncle. If the problems were that noticeable they should have been fixed then. Sounds like the dealer just wanted to get paid twice.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #5

I can sympathize with your situation. Of the 3 Jaycos we've had, the only one we had quality issues with was the 17C....possibly built by
the same yahoos that built yours!
"God looks out for the stupid, so I keep Him pretty busy"

2005 Dodge 2500 Diesel in proper Purdue gold and black (the Coally Roller)
2013 Jayco Swift 264BH
Soulman is offline   Reply With Quote