Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-22-2014, 05:44 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVhiker View Post
It's so disappointing to have an issue like this on a new trailer that you've only owned for a week. So far, it sounds like the dealer is trying to do the right thing.

Sometimes the results of water damage will only be apparent after some time has elapsed. If there is damage that only shows up later, Jayco could claim that the damage was caused by a subsequent leak, which would then be your responsibility to pay to repair. Therefore, I recommend that you ask your dealer at least annually to go over all the roof and sidewall seams very carefully and fix any that need to have caulking repaired or applied (Jayco can and has held an owner responsible for water damage caused by a leak in a seam that Jayco had not caulked); your dealer should document in writing for you these inspections. Maybe in the event of damage apparent in the future these inspections would prove the damage was caused by the earlier leak.

Here's a link to a post about leaking but uncaulked seams: leak thread.
^This. Be aware of future wall or floor rot damage down the road in this area. Make sure EVERYTHING is documented and pics taken of repairs made. Hopefully all is good though.
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:20 AM   #22

I drain my water heater by removing the anode rod, gives me a chance to inspect it and see if it needs replacing. You can install a drain valve. I only Drain it when I winterize it.
Imnaha.Mansion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:06 PM   #23

I just went to a rv dealer to buy a part the other day here in Mn. and it has rained hard for 5 days, and I wanted to look at brand new rockwood similar to our new eagle 334 rbts and when I walked in, the whole camper was flooded, it made the owner sick to his stomach, brand new 30k camper with an inch of water on the floor, I told the guy I was no longer interested.
fastercat is offline   Reply With Quote