Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-23-2014, 11:25 AM   #11

to me it sounds like a backfeed or lack of ground somewhere ... not sure on those circuits how they are run

Paintinfool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:48 PM   #12

LED Lights replaced. All OK now.

The LED units (4) were replaced under warranty. I removed them and took them to my dealer, then installed the new lights. I think Jayco picked the wrong supplier for their LED lights. Normally you would get many years of service from an LED. I suspect that all of these lights will eventually fail soon after the warranty period. If so, I will replace them with units that have a replaceable LED bulb (as I mentioned earlier, these original units have the LED bulb array hard wired). These are only about $10.00 each from Amazon.

The good news is everything is working fine now and the electrical system is not at fault. Thanks to everyone who responded.

Marmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 11:04 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmot View Post
The LED units (4) were replaced under warranty. I removed them and took them to my dealer, then installed the new lights. I think Jayco picked the wrong supplier for their LED lights. Normally you would get many years of service from an LED. I suspect that all of these lights will eventually fail soon after the warranty period. If so, I will replace them with units that have a replaceable LED bulb (as I mentioned earlier, these original units have the LED bulb array hard wired). These are only about $10.00 each from Amazon.

The good news is everything is working fine now and the electrical system is not at fault. Thanks to everyone who responded.
I just had two of the "puck" style bulbs go out on my last trip. Trailer is 16 months old. The two that failed are just dim, not completely off. One of them is over the kitchen sink area and the other is over the dinette table. Both are mounted to a wooden surround and have a small round glass shade.
Sadly, most of the compact fluorescent and LED bulbs I have seen fail prematurely due to poor design/manufacturing. I sure am glad I bought a pile of Edison bulbs for the house before they banned them!
Old 08-05-2016, 06:09 PM   #14

I've got the same issue, I just ordered two LED boards from M4.

http://www.m4products.com/

They haven't arrived yet, so I can't speak to their effectiveness. I am planning on soldering them into the existing hard-wired fixtures. I purchased the regulated ALPLATE 24-5630. $11 each.

Craig Bailey
New England
2007 Chevy 2500HD crew
2015 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS
2007 Chevy 2500HD Crew 4x4 Z71
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:21 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbailey View Post
I've got the same issue, I just ordered two LED boards from M4.

http://www.m4products.com/

They haven't arrived yet, so I can't speak to their effectiveness. I am planning on soldering them into the existing hard-wired fixtures. I purchased the regulated ALPLATE 24-5630. $11 each.

Craig Bailey
New England
2007 Chevy 2500HD crew

Those al plate assemblies worked perfect! Not a direct plug in, but if you have a soldering iron you can replace the OEM lights

Craig Bailey
New England
2007 Chevy 2500HD crew
2007 Chevy 2500HD Crew 4x4 Z71
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:05 AM   #16

4 years ago I replaced the bulbs in the TT with China Specials.. began replacing them one by one as the started failing... The first sign is that the clear lens cover gets hot.. then the LED's start dying one by one in the unit..

So, a few years ago I replaced a few with M4 LED's, to test them out and they were SOOOOOOO much better. I tried the COOL White, but DW thought they were way to BLUISH... Tried the COOL WHITE, DW thought they were to YELLOWISH, which left me with NATURAL WHITE that are 840 (Calculated) Lumens each. There are 6 in the living area and 4 in the bathroom. Plenty of light. Over the sink, I put in 2 COOL WHITE LED's which makes the food preparation a lot easier.. DW is extremely happy now.

The temperature of the M4's, after being on for 7 hours, is 78 degrees. So, I grabbed one of the old China Specials and plugged it in.. 108 degrees after 10 minutes.

I am now looking at the newer version below which are about 1600 (Calculated) Lumens for the living area. Can always wire in a dimmer if necessary.

http://www.m4products.com/alplate-24...luminum-plate/

Don
Attached Thumbnails
LED - M$ 1600 Calculated Lumens.jpg  
2 - AirSight Wireless IP Cameras (used as rear view cameras)
EnGenius WI-FI extender, D-Link wireless (n) modem
MagicJack Internet Phone
2012 Ford F150XLT, EcoBoost w/3.73
157" Wheel base, HD Towing Package

Our Solar Album http://www.jaycoowners.com/album.php?albumid=329
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 03:01 PM   #17

We've had several go out on our 2015 Seneca. It appears to me that the diodes on the original lights just start falling off the board. Usually the lights will be about half-bright for a while, then fail completely. Jayco sent me a few replacements and the diodes look like much higher quality on them. I suspect that all of the original lights are going to fail one by one...