Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-14-2015, 12:04 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie View Post
I would be curious to who you verified it with. A lady from Jayco service & warranty department just called me. She confirmed what the dealer said, that they are indeed outsourcing the tent ends to someone else.

She would not budge on extending the warranty period for the time I have not had possession of my camper. She did offer to allow me to pick up my camper and use it until they get the new canvas in. (How kind of them to offer to allow me to use MY camper) I explained that it being 1-1/2 hour drive each way, along with the loading/unloading of the camper, that wasn't a real convenient solution.
She was going to check with the vendor on the canvas to see they could expedite shipping. Other than that, not much else that can be done.
I would wait until this is repaired to your satisfaction and then push to have them extent the warranty to reflect the lack of use time. A gesture of good will is what most business would do in a case like this. You would need to talk to someone higher up then a costumer service rep.

2013 F150 EXL Screw 5.0 4x4 3:55 locking ( not towing the above trailer with this truck)

Spending my children's inheritances on my toys!
sask934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:27 PM   #22

3rd canvas was delivered and installed. No visible rips, tears or holes. That was the good news.
I was inspecting it pretty close and I noticed water seeping out under the bunk end on the outside. It had rained while I was on the way to get it. I went inside and lifted the vinyl flap that covers the hinge and there was water all across the hinge. The vinyl that covers this area was discolored, so this has been leaking for a while. This was at the front bunk. Went to the back and opened that bunk. Lifted the vinyl/fabric that covers the hinge there. Same thing. Water all across the hinge. That kind of rules out the dealer installing the replacement canvas incorrectly. Thie tech was out there along with the service manager and were stumped as to how the water was coming in. Left it there for them to check it out.
This month makes 7 months at the dealer out of the 12 I have owned it. Guess I will be contacting Jayco again Monday. I do not fault the dealer since the lady at Jayco told me they have had issues with their canvas supplier.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:07 PM   #23

Howie wish I could offer you some advice with your issue about all I can do is empathize with you. I have been down your path in your shoes with Jayco. I too asked about extending the two year warrant and was told that they would make a note of it in my file. Got no commitment from Jayco. I am convinced that for the most part there is not a lot of quality control in the process of building RVs.
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:00 PM   #24

Thanks ninja. I remember reading a thread on here where a gentleman had recurring/ongoing issues while under warranty and eventually Jayco worked with him to get a replacement camper. I think he had to pay a difference, but I can't remember the details. I wish I could find that thread so I could see just how much he went through before finally getting a resolution. Perhaps that gentleman could share what avenues he took also.