Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-28-2016, 01:36 AM   #1

Question Maintenance schedule? 2017 Jay Flight 28BHBE

I have several questions going through my mind right now.

Does anyone have a maintenance schedule they could share with me for their Jay flight?

I have read that people repack their bearings once a year and also some that only repack once every 12,000 miles.

I've only taken my 2017 out once since buying it this year til cold weather hit. I was wondering how well Jayco greases the bearings from the factory? Should I repack myself before next spring? I didn't want to take the wheels off to check unless I'm going to repack.

What are the torque specs for the lugnuts?

Can I adjust the entry doors? The entry door to the bathroom is rubbing a little. I really didn't want to tow it into the dealer to have this fixed if it's as simple as adjusting some screws. I don't see any adjustment screws?
(Yes the camper was level and it still rubbed. I've even tried opening and closing the door while it wasn't level and it still rubs)

Thanks in advance. I'm sure I'll have more questions.
TednWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 04:35 AM   #2
Lost in the Woods

There's no adjustment it's a butt hinge. You don't want to shave the door you'll take off the fake finish. If it's rubbing on the strike side of the jamb, you probably have to bury the hinge in the door a little. I don't know the torque specks off hand, I'm sure it's in the manual. It's going to be different for aluminum wheels than steel wheels.
Gman1372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 06:08 AM   #3
Site Team

In the manuals section of the forum: http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/do...hp?do=cat&id=2

The Dexter manual on all things axles, wheels and brakes is there. You should have a copy with your new rig.

The lug torque on most rv wheels are between 90-120- ft lbs. I would check with the rim manufacturer for correct info. Dexter quit making rims 12 years ago but the specs for steel rims are close to the same as in their document. A torque wrench is a handy addition to your rv tool collection.

Brake maintenance and bearing maintenance is listed in the booklet also.

There are many ways to check the brakes and bearings. I don't do that stuff anymore but gladly pay someone I trust to inspect the bearings and brakes and manually repack them every other year. I would have them inspected the first time after the first season, even if they don't need re-packing just for peace of mind or if you are not getting satisfactory braking action.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 06:29 AM   #4

I inspect / repack my bearings and check brakes annually on all my trailers (camper, car and utility) regardless of how much use they got. The last thing I want is a roadside bearing problem. Some may call it overkill but it gives me peace of mind...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote