Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-11-2012, 05:05 AM   #21
Site Team

I have no idea how it works but the battery disengages the brake when the switch is operated to open or close the slide according to what I have read.

No battery drain except when the slide is operating.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:18 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I have no idea how it works but the battery disengages the brake when the switch is operated to open or close the slide according to what I have read.

No battery drain except when the slide is operating.
If it requireds power to disengage the brakes, how do you use a manual crank? Hold the switch while someone else cranks? What if you have no power?

I'm not trying to be a wise ash, I'm curious as to how this works.
Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS; '01 Sunnybrook Lite 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah
Previous TV's: '02 Chevy Suburban 2500 8.1 4.10; '99 Chevy Express 1500 5.7
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Assuming that our discussion is on the subject of slides manufactured by Lippert Components, Inc., the following link may provide some clarity on the manual operation "differences" of various Lippert slide models. Confirming the slide model in question will be the first hurdle.

http://www.lci1.com/index.php?option...=38&Itemid=103

I noticed that there are a couple different model slides with the 12VDC brake with different manual operation procedures, and some have the manual override switch, others don't.

Hope this helps...... a little

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
Assuming that our discussion is on the subject of slides manufactured by Lippert Components, Inc., the following link may provide some clarity on the manual operation "differences" of various Lippert slide models. Confirming the slide model in question will be the first hurdle.

I noticed that there are a couple different model slides with the 12VDC brake with different manual operation procedures, and some have the manual override switch, others don't.

Bob
Bob:

Thanks for the link. It will take some time and patience to go through the info there.

We had a discussion about electric brakes in slide motors on another forum a few years ago. The electrical engineers pointed out that there was not electric brake function in the motor that was being discussed at that time.

That's why I want to see what has changed since then.

If there is a brake in the motor, it either requires power to engage or disengage.
Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS; '01 Sunnybrook Lite 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah
Previous TV's: '02 Chevy Suburban 2500 8.1 4.10; '99 Chevy Express 1500 5.7
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post

Bob
Thanks for that link it should be helpfull. My internet is not very fast so it will take all day to go through all those files.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #26
Site Team

That one is bookmarked. Seems like they now have an index of all slide arrangements. Great idea.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 05-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #27
Site Team

Flush Floor slide problem

Well I got to Maggie Valley this afternoon and the door side slide would not open. I was able to push it open manually from underneath while my wife operated the motor from inside.

The motor is running but the gear box obviously has a stripped gear inside. I called my dealer back home and they were very helpful. Talked with Jayco Cust. svc. and they will agree to pay for a mobile tech to come out and repair. There are no dealers that do mobile work nearby. Talked to a mobile tech today and he agreed to come out and give me an estimate. Jayco said to have him call with an estimate and it will be covered.

If I can manually move it back in, I may just take it back to my home dealer next week when we return home.

A 5/8 in socket is the correct size but has no effect on the box so it has to be stripped.

More as it unfolds?
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 05-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #28
Site Team

The gear box has a stripped gear. We decided if we could close the slide manually, we would just enjoy the rest of the week, take it back to our home dealer next week.

This morning, two of us were able to push it back in. No brake effect due to the gears stripped. Back out and in camping mode. I will need to get 2 sticks of 2X4 to wedge it closed on the trip home. (Travel Bars)

I called our home dealer, gave them the motor/gearbox part number. They will get it on the way from Jayco. BTW, big letters on the bottom "Made In China"

Another fun day camping!!
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 07-14-2019, 08:40 AM   #29

We lost power to our 2016 Jayco Precept. Shore power is working partially

No power to anything from battery. How do we manually crank in the slides? We can’t even find the holes to crank them in
LWoolford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:56 AM   #30

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
I took a couple of Front Electric Jacks apart (made in China). They don't solder the collectors on the armature, just cold crimp. Easy to understand when you max your load the connections fail. Have todo the test with soldering yet to see if I can get the motor working again. Also no oil on the sleeve bearings. Similar issues with water pumps etc.
Slide motors are made in china so don't count on the long life.

Most companies have a hole on the upside of the slide to push the crank through, but it is no standard. So look on the other side and crawl under if you can find the connection.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 08:25 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilley View Post
Good question. I would like to know where it is on my 321RLTS also.
On the 321RLTS the crank handle Jayco supplies is useless. You need a socket wrench & short socket after you take the bottom seal off to access motor/gear. Been there done that last summer BUT for once got lucky and was setting up at our rv shed where we keep it after a trip.
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote