Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #11
I think I would call the dealer and ask if you could take it to the local brake shop to have it checked out. Also ask if they will cover the cost under warranty if anything was wrong and had to be fixed. If they say no--then call Jayco explain the situation and ask them the same Questions about covering the cost if anything is wrong.

2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel
2013 Jayco Whitehawk 26DSRB
US Army
RickAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #12
This past weekend I checked my brakes twice. Once at a wayside rest stop, and again once when we stopped for fuel, both times we had just pulled off the freeway. The brakes were slightly warm to the touch. I measured about 90 deg F. Only one truck brake was elevated to 111 deg F. All the other wheels were within a few degrees of each other. I will leave the laser thermometer in the truck. The next time I do a lot of city driving (I live in the heart of the Twin Cities) I will take another measurement. But as stated above when I put my hands on the hubs the last time I pulled the trailer home from the dealer the hubs where hot, but that was all city driving, during rush hour.

Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote