Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #1

Need help with 1998 JAYCO POP UP TRAILER Lever (lift system)

Hello,

New to the forum.

I'm hoping you guys could help me. I have been offered a 1998 JAYCO POP UP TRAILER for around $1100.00. It looks like it's in pretty good condition except for the lift system (lever) not working.

How much would it cost to repair it and is this a good price considering the problem?

Thanks,

Dan
jomjalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:15 AM   #2

I would certainly like to try and help, but need some more info. I have had a couple Jayco pop ups, but I have no idea what you mean by a "lever" on the lift system?
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71 CC 6.0L/3.73
ITBC
Reese "Pro Series" 800lb Trunnion WDH w/sway control
amabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #3

Hi jomjalee, and welcome to the forum. Great choice - a Jayco PUP. We enjoyed ours before getting a hybrid. IMO you need to know a lot more about it before buying. I agree with amabee that there is not enough information to help with your immediate questions.

If I were buying it, I would get an owner's manual and check out every feature on it. Even the little things, electrical receptacles / switches, fans, refrigerator, water pump /tank, all plumbing, etc. I would also tow it at highway speeds and make sure the axle, tires, and bearings were OK. I would want to set it up like I was ready for camping in it. That way you will use the lift system and you will get to inspect the door, screens, and fabrics. ... and anything else I might not be able to think of right now.

If I was selling you this camper, I would assume you were going to make that kind of an inspection. I would be surprised if you didn't. The value of it would be based on the conditions you find.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #4

If your talking about the leveling stab jacks, should be a easy fix or atleast tell what the issue is. Not too familliar with the roof jacking system.
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote