Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-04-2014, 03:49 PM   #1

New seneca LP issues

Brought home new seneca and started a complete system check. Both the frig and tankless heater ignite and then shut off. Frig igniter just keeps on clicking before shutting down and hot water lights then just shuts off. Any thoughts before going to dealer on monday? Tnxs
firedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:22 PM   #2

I know I am going to sound stupid but the tanks are open and full right? If so it can sometimes take a while to work the air through the lines. Try to ignite the stove burners by pushing in the knob and see if you can hear or smell propane flowing.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedog View Post
Brought home new seneca and started a complete system check. Both the frig and tankless heater ignite and then shut off. Frig igniter just keeps on clicking before shutting down and hot water lights then just shuts off. Any thoughts before going to dealer on monday? Tnxs
Quote:
Originally Posted by certified106 View Post
I know I am going to sound stupid but the tanks are open and full right? If so it can sometimes take a while to work the air through the lines. Try to ignite the stove burners by pushing in the knob and see if you can hear or smell propane flowing.
Again, everything the dealer was SUPPOSED to check or do before giving you the motorhome.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:29 PM   #4

Certified106, holding tanks were full and I was using water pump, it would work for a few min then **** down. I did light stove all was good their. The frig worked for a while then went out, doesn't seem to want to stay one, ignighter keep clicking while it's running. Not sure by what you mean on tanks open, it was in the normal positions?
Old 10-04-2014, 04:31 PM   #5

Grumpy, they did a decent job but quick lights on appliances fell short. Lol. However they did not demo the water heater, my bas I guess.....
Old 10-04-2014, 04:54 PM   #6

I should have said is the LP tank valve open? If it ran for a bit before shutting down the LP valve on the LP bottle may be shut?
Old 10-04-2014, 05:00 PM   #7

Sounds like air in the line on the fridge. Mine did something similar. luckily I was at the dealer still. Dealer had to purge the line and no problems after that. As to the water heater, there are several threads that discuss the reset button. Apparently it is a little white button on the left side of the WH. Try that. Seems to have worked for several members here. Hope it helps.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:32 PM   #8

Will try to reset heater tomorrow and test again. Not sure about frig. It almost like the sensor is not telling the unit it's lit and tuns itself off
Old 10-11-2014, 07:20 AM   #9

Trace the propane line off the tank to the distribution block on the frame. The main feed line was installed between the top frame rail and the bottom of the coach crushing the hose, no propane. Jayco quality at its finest.
LSA376 is offline   Reply With Quote