Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-07-2017, 10:17 AM   #11

Oh I never would have thought to call Norcold directly. That is a very good idea. Thank you so much. And thank you to everyone that replied. I got some good information here, and I am ready to go to battle next week with dealer/Norcold/Jayco. Thanks to all.

Photonut4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonut4 View Post
Oh I never would have thought to call Norcold directly. That is a very good idea. Thank you so much. And thank you to everyone that replied. I got some good information here, and I am ready to go to battle next week with dealer/Norcold/Jayco. Thanks to all.
Reverse the order...Jayco is the place to start and they will handle EVERYTHING!!

2 year JAYCO WARRANTY ON EVERYTHING!!!!

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:22 AM   #13

Thank you I will do that. You all have made me feel better. I am actually beginning to believe that we will get our rig back this week. Fingers crossed.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:59 AM   #14

Angry

So here is the update: nothing has been done. We have been talking to the manager at the dealer and Jayco and so far nothing. The dealer has had the rig since January 3rd, and now they are saying they do not know what is wrong with the fridge. Jayco says all she can do is nudge them, but that is it. Yes she confirms that it is covered under warranty, but that does us no good if they don't fix the stupid thing. So Jayco is useless, and the dealer is useless. So frustrating.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:17 AM   #15

You said in your 1st post;

Quote:
The cooling unit went out on our Norcold fridge.
Have you tried running it on propane assuming you are trying it on electric?

If yes then it's time for YOU to call Norcold.

Oh, and never heard of Jayco or a reputable dealer not being able to help solve a problem....jus saying from experience.

Good luck.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:31 AM   #16

We were initially told it was the cooling unit, now we are told they don't know. I just called Norcold, and they said that they have not heard from the dealership at all. So I then called the dealer back and they said that no, they don't call Norcold, first they had to submit it to their warranty department to get approval, and then the request goes to Norcold. I asked for the phone number of their warranty department and he said he wouldn't give it to me that he would send them and email and then call me back.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:43 AM   #17

This is starting to sound a little fishy on the dealer's part. Sounds like they're jerking you around a bit. I'm not sure I wouldn't take the trailer back and deal with Norcold directly. Then I'd contact Jayco and tell them that I took the trailer back from the dealership, and ask them to deal directly with me, or recommend a Jayco approved repair facility that can and will handle the problem efficiently.

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:05 AM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
This is starting to sound a little fishy on the dealer's part. Sounds like they're jerking you around a bit. I'm not sure I wouldn't take the trailer back and deal with Norcold directly. Then I'd contact Jayco and tell them that I took the trailer back from the dealership, and ask them to deal directly with me, or recommend a Jayco approved repair facility that can and will handle the problem efficiently.
Yes its hard for them to submit a warranty claim if they do not have the ability or where with all to diagnose the problem in the first place. It sounds like they are dealing with it by not dealing with it.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:28 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
Then I'd contact Jayco and tell them that I took the trailer back from the dealership, and ask them to deal directly with me, or recommend a Jayco approved repair facility that can and will handle the problem efficiently.
X-2 JAYCO even authorizes "mobile" service techs.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:46 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Yes its hard for them to submit a warranty claim if they do not have the ability or where with all to diagnose the problem in the first place. It sounds like they are dealing with it by not dealing with it.
Agreed!
"I don't know" is not an acceptable answer. If they "don't know" then they should just replace the entire refridge with a new one.
IMO, you should look for another dealer. I have had work done by a non-jayco independent repair shop. Jayco had no issue with that as long as I talked to them first.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote